Chapter 1

Matteo's POV

"Get up man!" someone shouted.

"Just one more minute." I said pulling my pillow over my head. Next thing I know, the pillow is being ripped out from my grasp and being slammed over my head.

"Hey! What the fuck was that for?!" I shouted as soon as I realized that it was Jace.

"Get up." He replied smiling to himself feeling accomplished of what he had just done. 

"Ya I got that message but why?' I asked sitting up and feeling confused. 

"Today's the first day of school you dumb ass." He said throwing the pillow at my head once more.

"Hey quit that." I said and groaned and the realization hit me that school had started again. 

"Cheer up man, you've got me throughout the day." Jace said with his head held high.

"All the more reason not to go." I groaned again.

"Shut up." Jace laughed and made his way over to my window and began to climb out.

"When are you ever going to learn to use the front door?" I asked

"I don't know, I like this method a whole lot better." He replied.

"I'll pick you up in a few." I said getting up.

"kk." He replied and made his was out the window.

I made my way to the bathroom to take a nice cold shower. I've always loved taking showers, it helps me keep things in order and  clear my head. I had to clear my head a lot ever since my dad died from a drunk driver hitting his car which drove him to the side of the road and hit a light post. From the force of impact, the front of the car was smashed breaking both his legs and spine. I was a really bad accident. I blame myself a lot because he was on his way to my soccer game. it haunts me a lot.

After about 15 minutes I finally got and dried myself off. I went to my closet and picked out a grey as I was saying bye to my mom.

"Be safe Matteo, I love you. Text me if or when your coming home." She replied handing me a piece of toast.

"Ok I will thanks mom. And I love you too." I kissed her forehead and went out to my car. Jaces house was about five minutes away from mine. I didn't mind driving him everywhere. He was my best friend since I was little and has been there for me through everything especially when my dad had died. 

I was blasting "Killin' It" in the car when I had pulled up. I honked the horn as he came running out.

"Hey man what's up." He ask leaning against the open window.

"Just get in loser." I laughed and began to roll up the window.

I spent the next couple of minutes blasting music and driving a tad over the speed limit.

"Ahhh school here we are." Jace said putting his hands over this head.

"Sadly." I reminded him. I was never to fond of school. It usually sicked for me being a nobody and getting picked on.

"Hey maybe a new hot guy will be in some of your classes." Jace nudged me. Yes I was gay. Jace was the only one who knew and accepted me for me. Now that I had told him and established he was not my type, we've gotten a lot closer than we had been before.

"Ya I wish." I laughed and made my way to my locker.

School went buy slow and boring as usual until lunch came. Lunch was always my favorite because I got to hang out with Jace.