chapter one

rushing through the silent halls made me regret waking up later than supposed to. i flimsily took out the crumpled piece of paper that was my timetable out of my pocket and began to read it in my mind. i breathed through my nose, slowly getting frustrated. after taking a few turns, i found myself standing in front of a door. my anxiety was going through the roof. my palms were getting sweaty, gripping the strap of my black backpack tighter. i gathered myself and put my hand around the door knob and slowly pushed the door, revealing a class full of students i've never seen before. all eyes were on me. i turned my head to the teacher, frozen in place.
"oh, how nice of you to join us! Victoria, come, introduce yourself! " she smiled, gesturing to come near her with her hands. i awkwardly looked around and  walked up. i turned to her one last time, and saw a reassuring smile and a nod.
"yeah, so my name is Victoria, i'm from Atlanta and that's about it." i spoke, unsure. i looked at everyone. almost all of the students looked bored out of their minds, most on their phones, some sleeping discreetly others not so. i was terrified.
"alright, take a seat there, in the last row." i nodded and walked slowly, careful not to trip and fall. once i reached my seat, i sat down, put my backpack on the ground and rested my chin on my hand. it was about to be a long day.

a few classes later

my backpack was getting heavier with all the books i was given. carrying all this weight was making me hungry. and so i hurried to the cafeteria. i brought my backpack to my front and started searching for my earpods while walking. after i zipped up my backpack, i didn't even have the chance to look up when a very tall guy jammed into my small and fragile figure.
"watch where you're going, prick." i scowled, watching his reaction. he crossed his arms. defensive. crossed his eyebrows. angry. his dark hazel eyes staring at me. i rolled my eyes and turned around, putting in my earpods into my ears, turning up the music.
"see you later, new girl." a deep voice spoke behind me, which i assumed was the same guy that bumped into me.

you too, prick.

———————————————————————————

"alright everyone, class is about to end, so pack up and wait for the bell. have a nice day." my physics teacher spoke slowly, tired. i pulled out my tangled earphones out of my bag and put in my books. plugged them in and and put one in, so i could hear the bell. i rested my head on my hands, my hair covering my face. everyone was talking, excited about the same thing. typical, a party. the bell went off and everyone started going out of the room, saying bye and have a good day. i went out last, walking slow, observing the people, chattering, smiling. i felt a light tap on my shoulder, making me flinch and turn around. i was confused, i took out my earphones, my eyebrows knitted.
"do i know you?" i asked, looking around.
"probably not, but i know you," the girl chuckled. i was even more confused.
"you're new here, right?" she asked, her hands behind her back, while she was rocking back and forth. nervous.
"yeah?" i said, not knowing where this was going.
"well, i saw that you were new and thought it would be nice for you to have a friend," she smiled, took out her phone out of her pocket.
"okay, here's my number, think about it, and text me, friend." she giggled and scribbled the numbers on this little paper she had in her phone case. she hands me the paper and i smile. nice to know someone wants to be my friend.
"thanks, i guess." i slide it in my back pocket. she starts walking off after saying goodbye.
"hey, what's your name?" i yell, stepping outside, while she's nearing the parking lot.
"alysha!" she waves. i nod and wave back, giggling. i put my headphones back in, fix my hair and start walking toward the bus.

——————————————————————————

"honey, could you watch Marcus tomorrow? i have some things to do." my mom asked, removing her oven mittens, blowing the strand of her that was on her face. i continue stacking the letter blocks and nod.
"yeah, sure, i don't have anything to do anyway." i shrug, and mess up my little brother's hair while standing up.
"thank you!" my mom yells, while i'm going up the stairs.
"no problem, mom!" i yell back, closing my bedroom door moments later.
i toss my backpack into the corner of my room and fall into bed. i take out the number out of my pocket, stare at it, take out my phone and type it in.

maybe this will be nice.

07.16.2018

i'm starting a new story that will hopefully be better than my first one lol.

xo, aria.