Chapter- 1

"Bryn, please don't do that." Mom scolded me, bringing in our boxes of things from the car.

With a dramatic sigh, I stopped doodling on my arm and placed the pen down. I drew some what of a flaming sun and it didn't look too bad. Mom turned to me, a worn out expression on her face.

"Why don't you get the rest?" She huffs and I drag myself out our new house.
I didn't like it, nor this town. We now lived in the suburbs of Marietta, Georgia. I used to live in Chicago. I loved Chicago's busy lifestyle and here... it's absolutely boring. All the houses look almost the same with there perfectly cut, bright green grass and kids riding electric scooters up and down the streets. And did it always look this sunny? The town itself wasn't any better. I didn't even look like I belonged here. From coming into the neighborhood, I saw a bunch of preppy girls. All with the exact same short haircut to the shoulders. Was that now a trend or something? They wore shirts that stopped at their belly button and their legs were impressively tanned from the sun. I, had long blonde hair that almost looked whitish and from what people tell me I have, huge blue eyes. But the weird thing was that I had dark brown eyebrows and lashes. I was tall for the average 17 year old girl, but also a little under weight and my style was usually skinny jeans and a tank.

I was often called "daddy long legs", or "string bean".

I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my dad who left my mom and I for his secretary. My mom barely has money anymore, so we can't afford to live in the city again. Hell, I still have no clue how she managed to get this modern day, two story house. It was the smallest in the neighborhood but also looking out of place. A huge oak tree hovered over it, casting a shadow over the house and our yard, blocking the sunlight that everyone else had and the flowers in the garden were crumbling, dead. Leaves scattered all over our lawn since it was fall, but looking at the others, not one leave was in sight.

I opened the trunk of my moms car and grabbed the last two boxes.

"Need help with that?"

I jumped at the sudden voice and a box dropped out my hand. The person caught it smoothly and I turned around. It was a boy, ok well not a child one, but one that looked around my age. We were almost the same height, embarrassing enough. He had caramel colored hair that looked a little gold ish in the sunlight, and you could guess he was a jock, from his body. I thought it was funny that he had a pouty lip even when he wasn't trying.

"I think I've got it thanks.." I take back my box and he stared at what I doodled on my arm.

"If you tell me I'm going to get ink poison, then I automatically don't like you." I say and He starts laughing.

I wasn't joking.

"I'm Tucker and I'm guessing you have an unique or artsy name." He says leaning against my moms car, like he owned it. He stares at me long and hard and I shift my stand uncomfortably.

"How would you know that?" I ask.
"Because you look like it." He says in that 'duh' tone.
"Bryn." I blurt out.
"What?"
"My name is Bryn Bradley." I say and Tucker starts grinning. He then points a finger at me.

"I knew it, anyways my house is right over there." He moves his pointer finger to the house right across the street from mine.
Great. He's my neighbor.

"BRYYYNN!!!" My mom yells
impatiently and the boxes start to wear my arms out.

"I have to go.." I say starting to walk up my driveway.

"See ya." Tucker says and starts jogging back to his house.

That was... different.

"Who was that?" My mom asks curiously as I bring in the boxes.