Klaroline/ To Late

Caroline sat on the stairs in front of her house and watched how the cars passed. She didn't feel well. She felt something in her stomach but it wasn't like she was sick. It was like her body wanted to tell her something. Like she did something wrong and she was wondering what it was. It was almost dark and she began to freeze. A soft wind gathered up her hair so it flew in her face. Caroline couldn't help but begin to cry. She didn't know what she was doing with her life and what she was going to do as a vampire.
Half an hour later Carolines mom called from inside if everything was alright. "I'm fine mom!" she called back while she was still crying.
Another few minutes later she heard a voice say "Whats wrong, love?" She new that voice all to well but she never heard that worried tone it had right now.
"Klaus what do you want?" Caroline asked with a low shaking voice as another tear ran down her face.
"I just wanted to look after you. Come here... " Klaus sat down next to her and hugged her tightly. Caroline would've  never expected something like that from him. He was the all powerful hybrid everyone feared. Caroline new it was only one side of him that was so cruel and that he had a good side too but he didn't show it often.
Caroline let him hug her and she hugged him back, hiding her face in his shoulder and still crying.
"Shhhh... Everything will be fine soon. I will help you but you have to tell me what's wrong, love."
"I.. I don't know... " Caroline replied sadly. Her whole body was shaking now. She didn't know if it was because it was so cold or because she was crying but Klaus saw it like he saw every little detail and gave her his jacket.
"Thank you but I'm fine. I don't need it."Caroline said, obviously lying.
"You're very bad liar, sweetheart. Keep it.!" He said.
Caroline pulled his jackett close and enjoyed its scent. Slowly she stopped crying and gave Klaus a little smile. "Thank you for always being there when I need someone. I pushed you away many times and I'm so sorry." She led her head on his chest and cuddled closer. Klaus swiped the last tears from her cheek away and pulled her close. "I will always be there, love. And I will wait until you're ready to see that. However long it takes..."
Carolines heart was bumping at his words." Klaus..." she began. In that moment blood came out of his mouth and nose and he let a couphy sigh go. Caroline looked up and saw Mikael standing behind them. He had pulled the white oak stake in Klaus' heart. With a devilish laugh he disappeared. Caroline took Klaus' head and held it close to her chest. "Klaus,"she sighed."I was ready. Please stay with me. You can't die right now. Please stay with me."
Klaus' body began to turn grey and veins came out of his body. They slowly began on his fingers and walked up until his whole body was covered. "Klaus?" Caroline cried. He wasn't answering. His heart stopped beating and he didn't breathe anymore. Klaus died in Carolines arms and she began to call out his name. She sat like that a few minutes. Crying and calling out his name again and again but it didn't help. Klaus Mikaelson was dead.
Carolines mom came out of the door and looked at her with an expression of shock. She took Caroline by the shoulders and helped her up. Then she hugged her and led her inside the house and to a chair. "Wait a moment Caroline." her mom said while she was walking out of the room again.

"I laid Klaus' body in the livingroom. May you call his family?" Liz asked sadly. "Mom he's dead. My friends won't understand my sadness. Everything has just started to get better. He was a very good friend of mine. Oh my god, he's really dead. I can't. I'll call Elijah..." Caroline stand up and wanted to walk to her room to grab her phone but at the bottom of the stairs she broke down. Her knees couldn't hold her anymore so she fell to the ground. Her mom came in the room again and told her she would bring Caroline her phone.

As Elijah and Rebekah arrived, Caroline sat on the floor of the livingroom. Klaus' head led on her lap. "Oh my god Nik... What the bloody hell happened?" Rebekah asked while she began to cry. Caroline called her mom so she could invide Rebekah and Elijah in. The two of them immediatly ran to Caroline and Klaus' body. They were crying as she did. After some time Caroline began to explain what happened.
"Mikael is in the City? Did you know that?" Elijah asked Rebekah. "No I didn't but je's going to kill us all."
Caroline ran up in her room. She couldn't hear their conversation about Mikael anymore. Everything that matters was Klaus and his death.
Caroline sat on her bed and let go of a deap sigh. A few moments she just sat there but then something happened. The hair that felt in her face befote was moving behind her ear and she didn't do anything. Somehow she new it was Klaus from the other side. "I'm sorry I was to late Klaus. I should've tell you earlier how much I liked you but I was to shy so I didn't. Just know that you was the best friend someone can have and that I'll never forget you. I will always miis you Klaus. Please forgive me." Caroline said out loud, hoping Klaus would hear it and he did. "I'm fine, sweetheart. You didn't do anything wrong. I don't blame you." Klaus said while he was playing with her hair. She felt it and began to breathe faster. Now she was completely sure it was him. "Please stay with me, Klaus. I need you so much."
"I love you, Caroline. I will always do." Klaus said but she didn't hear it. With that sentence he left her to go through the anchor.
"Klaus?" she asked but she didn't feel anything.
He was gone...