A Casual Day

I'm woken by my phone. As I reach for it I notice I'm still in my uniform.
"Shit" I mumble incoherently.
As I pick up the phone, I'm more than annoyed to year Mr.Park's voice on the other side "Veronica we need you to do night today. Justin can't make it." my boss says impatiently, not giving a damn this is my ONLY DAY OFF.
"Parks I really ca"
"Be here at 7pm sharp. Bye." He literally hung up on my face, the bastard.
I get up from my sofa and accidentally knock up the ashtray perked on the coffee table, getting ashes all over my white carpet. "Shit shit shit" I kneel down and try to clean it, to no avail, swearing under my breath.
I quickly give up, I'll buy another someday.
I glare at the clock, dreading the hour it marks, it's 5 pm already and I still have to shower, clean blood off my uniform, redress myself and manage to eat something before finding a mira ulous way to get through London's insane traffic to be at the hospital at 7pm, I love my life.
"Better start now."

...

11pm

"Ronnie we're leaving grab your stuff!" me and Izzy get in the ambulance and it drives off, rushing.
When we get to the scene a girl is desesperately crying next to a boy laying down, a pool of blood drowning them. Christian rushes them inside picking him up and laying him on the bed inside the vehicle.

"He was shot 3 times in the shoulder, gunshot wounds very close to right lung. Morphine, NOW!" "Oh my God, Harry?!" Izzy is shouting and I do so and grab it from the stash. As I turn to around to inject the guy I glance at his face, mine in pure shock "Oh my God, Harry?!"