chapter 1

"so.... nobody wants to give me any food?"
alexis really, really, really likes eating. that's the very first thing you should know. she will eat anything you give her and she won't stop asking for food until she gets it.
i continued eating my leftover sushi, while staring alexis in the eye.
"you're a monster." she said, and i swear her mouth was watering as she stared at my sushi.
i shrugged. "i'm a monster who doesn't give my food away."
alexis groaned like she hadn't eaten in days. if anyone hadn't eaten in days, it would be naomi. she's the polar opposite of alexis. she's a vegetarian, a dancer, always on a diet, and the list goes on and on of reasons she should eat as little as possible. or so she thinks. she's not exactly anorexic, but it wouldn't hurt her to put on a few pounds. we're always offering her food so she can gain weight, because she seems to think being underweight is better than eating one bite of junk food. of course, alexis doesn't love that we don't offer her food, too. alexis doesn't need to gain or lose weight, though. she's one of those people who can eat and eat and eat but always look like a fit model. she does play lots of sports, so she does kind of work off the calories.
"want some cali roll naomi?" i ask, sliding it across the table to her.
she slides it back and picks up her plastic fork to continue eating her garden salad.
"no thanks. i'm already gaining enough weight now that its my off season for dance."
"are you kidding me?!"alexis groans "they offer you food and you don't want it? this. is. so. unfair!" i just smiled and finished off my lunch.
even though alexis is the biggest food lover, i am a close second, and would prefer to keep my food for me. besides, i haven't eaten since last night, so i think i deserve this food. i pack up my stuff just as the bell rings.
last period of the day; science.
science is ok, i guess. i'm not super amazing at it, but i work hard and usually get an a in it.
i mostly enjoy it because i share that class with a lot of my friends, so it never feels boring.
i walk to my locker to gather my books, then walk to the basement, where my science class is. usually, i don't have classes in the basement but there was a huge storm in november, and the top floor has been in need of serious renovations ever since. it's now february, and we're still stuck with a tiny conference room as our science classroom. it goes without saying that we're mostly working out of the textbooks for now. i can't say that upsets me, though. i hate doing science class labs, because my assigned partner is simone. i can't stand her. i just can't.
you know that one abrasive, manipulative person everyone has in their life? whether they're a 'friend' or not, any given person knows someone like that. most people, though, try to avoid them as much as possible. unfortunately, Simone is always popping up here and there. fun, am i right?