Prologue - The Beginning

Chaos. It was pure uninhibited chaos. Smoke blocked out the sun, the sky, while ash drifted down like blackened snow. A cacophony of screams permeated the air, almost blocking out the muted groans, crackling fires, and consistent gunshots. While the cities were brightened by the monstrous fires and the occasional crack of gunfire, the forests were black abysses, devouring light without giving a single scrap back. Every so often, a gunshot would sound and a flash of light would illuminate the surrounding trees before being swallowed up by the darkness. My father used to say "If I had to choose between fire and ice, like that one Frost guy said, I would prefer ice. While some might prefer fire to its supposed swiftness, unlike ice; however, fire is brutal and unforgiving, devouring everything in its grasp. Slowly fire carves its path through the earth, but the flame would hurt more than ice. At least in ice yourt body would eventually become numb but in fire you feel every second of it, with no reprieve, just endless suffering until eventual death." I used to argue and say that fire was better, and it was not how he described it, despite me not understanding the full arguement. If he was still around, I would wholeheartedly agree, especially with my current knowledge. Fire is definitely worse than ice.

Thanks guys and sorry for the short chapter :| It is my first time posting anything and I remembered this story I started not that long ago. Again sorry for the short chapter and Thanks for reading!