I wished I would've listened

I had just gotten home from school for spring break only the sky wasn't spring-like. I looked up at the sky which is now turning bright purple. I had never seen such a thing. I looked it up on google , what I found was terrifying . The website said if the sky is turning purple, the world might be in danger, and all people should stay inside. I was slightly disturbed by this , but curiosity got the best of me. I went outside anyways , and found that in the five minutes that I was inside the sky had depended its color and was now a gaping black hole the size of two school buses . I decided to grab my camera and take the best pictures ever, but when I came back outside, the black hole had gotten bigger , and started to devour the town, one house at a time. I then realized what danger me in my town were now in. I couldn't even walk, the huge house eating hole in the sky had me momentarily paralyzed out of fear. My father had just about hit me with his car when I finally snapped back into reality. " Maria"! He said frantically . " papi, you must go get mom and hurry before it's too late" I replied. "Maria" He paused. "What papi"? I said worriedly. "Your.....mother died today, she.....was sucked up by the black hole" He told me. I was once again struck by the paralyzation, only this time it was worse. All of the other things in the world started to simmer into a hushed silence while my heart broke. "vYou...you mean she's really gone"? I ask.  " I'm afraid so Maria" papi replied. We both just stood there like idiots while the world was being eaten alive, literally. I finally realized that we still needed to get to safety, but where was safe? I shook my dad violently, to snap him back into reality, but he was gone too. My dad just died in my arms. I got into my car and started to back out of the driveway when I heard a scream. A scream of a boy, around my age with a dog in his arms. I quickly help them into my car, and drive to the old root beer cellar on the outskirts of town. The only safe place. So we waited, and waited, when finally, we heard the black whole suck up the barn above us, and it took the cellar door with it. Zack frantically searched for some wood, or something stable enough to keep us in and that bottomless pit out. He tried old boards, sheet metal, and bricks, but they were all destroyed. In one final attempt, he found some aluminum foil, and it worked! so we made some rooms, a bathroom, and one bedroom, out of aluminum foil. Me and Zack slept together, with Benny on the floor, and we were running out of food. We started to ration the root beer, which was terribly flat, and as time passed the storm had died down a little, so Zack went off to gather some food. It was getting dark now, and Zack still haden't came back yet. Suddenly, I heard voices. plural as in more than one. Zack had found survivors!! They all raided the supermarket, or what was left of it...when the all too familiar sound of ear piercing rain was heard again, only this time it was raining people?! The sky was pouring each and every house, person, even flower pot back to its original position. Three years after that almost everyone's lives were back to normal, except me, and Zacks, we moved in together, had a daughter and named her Cherryl after his mom. Benny died later that year, and Zack was a wreck, so we took Benny outside, and buried him in the ground under his favorite oak tree. It's now fifteen years after the storm, and Cherryl had just gotten home from school for spring break, only the sky didn't look very "spring-like" it was a deep purple.