The Skinny Girl

The looks I receive are normal to me. Every time I walk through the door all eyes are on me, but not in the way I wished they would. They don't look at me because I am famous. They don't look at me because I am beautiful. They don't look at me for what I am wearing. No. They look at me because I have a skin - and - bone body. Don't get me wrong; not all looks are disapproving ones, truthfully, there are many different types. First of all, there is the most common and obvious one; the judgemental ones, usually from the older generations, telling me with their eyes that I should be eating more. Then there are the ones of admiration and jealousy from all the teenage girls who will go on unhealthy diets to have what I have naturally. And then there is the one which I hate the most; the pitying looks. The ones that look at me because they think I am going to die soon due to my skinniness.

The thing is, I am not anorexic, I am just really skinny. What most people find peculiar is that I love to eat. Like a pig. And that I can eat and eat and eat and I still would not be full by then. Most of my friends are still trying to figure out how I can fit so much in tiny body and yet never grow. My skinniness is 100% natural and I have never skipped meal to lose weight.

What I find funny is that whenever I am in a class and the teacher is talking about anorexia, they always will give me certain looks, as if to say 'I'm talking about you here,' and I will just sit there and laugh, only earning even weirder looks from them.

Although I may not like being short, I like being skinny. There are times were I do curse my skinniness like when I see a top I really like, only to find that even the smallest size doesn't fit me properly, but other than those days, I genuinely enjoy being skinny. There is nothing specific that makes me love it, but then again, it does make me somewhat unique.

(A/N) Hey! Thank-you for reading my short story. I had to write this for literature and my teacher thought it was really good and suggested that we publish it to the Guardian but my mum didn't let so I thought that this would be the next best thing! So I hope you enjoy my view about being skinny :)

Alex =3