Chapter 1: Believably...Unbelievable

"Sky!" I hear my mom calling me for the gazillionth time.  

Well I guess it's time to get off the computer, besides im starving. I rushed down the stairs and saw my mom's huffy face staring at me. I ignored her and hurried to the table.  

" Yaay! It's mom's homemade soupe de poulet! (chicken soup) " I exclaimed.  

Of course , I need to change the subject that my mom's going to start AGAIN. She's been blabbing about my addiction to the internet and whatnot. I hate when she does that. My patience is starting to wear out.  

" Sky, how many times did I call you for dinner?" she asked sharply.  

" Uhm, Im not sure, you know I'm not good at memorizing and math." I answered , by the way, I lied about the memorizing part.  

"Sky!!!, I called you for 1000 times and you came down 8 years later?, this is too much addiction, I'm sorry but I have to do this.....you're computer's going to be confiscated for a month. it's FINAL. end of convo. now eat." She said directly.  

"THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!! UGGHHHH!!!!!" I shouted and went to my room , of course with my soupe de poulet. 

I munched down my food, while thinking what to do. First of all, I am NOT addicted to the internet. It's just the only way to talk to Edison. Edison is my boyfriend, A.K.A my first love. he asked me out when we were in 9th grade, and of course I said yes which was last year. I was the HAPPIEST girl then. But the most horrifying thing happened. My dad's company moved him to Toronto, Canada. So then, of course as a family we have to move altogether. My parents never knew that I was dating someone, since my love life is rated PG!. It's so painful. I don't even get why there are always goodbyes, it's just stupid. Of course, I had to say goodbye to my best buds, volleyball team, teachers, church friends, and last but not the least, Edison. So, to cherish the last time we're going to be together (maybe), we had a picnic by the lake and watched the sunset together, and I also got my first kiss that day.  

I suddenly felt tears coming out my eyes. Looking back to the good ol' memos made my tears come out, after a few seconds I realized I was crying. I buried my face to my pillow and cried for the last half an hour. I wiped out my tears, and went to the washroom, to wash it out. I don't want my family to know that I actually cried just because of the stupid computer, even though it's not because of that. I heard someone knock. It's probably my mom, with boxes to pack up my computer. Well, too bad , I won't open the door for her. She screamed my name and said to open it or else. Shiish, the "Or Else" part always scares me. So I stood up and opened the door for her. She wasn't carrying any boxes at all. She asked for my empty bowl, cuz she's gonna wash the dishes. And so I gave it to her and she left. well, that's a relief she probably thought that I need to spend more time with my computer. So I rushed to my desktop and turned it on. It won't turn on, so I tried again. and again. Nothing happened. "What the heeellll!!!" I screamed out, just to make sure the whole house can hear it. I'm pretty sure it's my dad's doing, since he's a senior electrician. He's good at stuff related to electronics and whatnot. Anger aroused in my body, I grabbed the phone from my study desk and dialled Krisza. She answered at the first ring. That's why she's my bestest friend in the whole world, make that universe. She's always there for me. Since I came here to Toronto, I didn't know anyone, obviously. But she came up to me and talked. We got lots of things in common. Like seriously, A LOT!. She's the only one who knows everything about me and vice versa. So I told her about my unmanageable dilemma.  

" OMG! seriously?, awe" she exclaimed. 

"Yeeup. what the heck am I supposed to do? What's with parents these days." I said. 

" Can't you call him though? like use your cellphone?" she asked. 

"Well, I can't. Im not allowed to call long distance. cuz it seriously cost a lot. and yeah, my dad is like a science and math whiz, he can like backtrace the number or whatever." I answered. 

"Omgg,....wait I got an idea, you can use my computer here! LOL! too much for "computer problems" when the whole world has them" She teased. 

"ahaha, very funny" I said sarcastically, "Well, that's a good idea!, LOL!, thanks Krizz. Im coming over now! aha" I joked. 

" School night? I guess you can wait till tomorrow riiight?" she reminded. 

" Oh yeaa, I guess I can!!!, anyways gotta go before my mom hears our convo. She's suchaa stalker you know." I said. 

"yeaa, moms these days" she said.  

I said bye and hung up. I checked the time, gosh it's 10:30 already!. I didn't even start my history report, which is due tomorrow. uggh. life sucks. I went to my computer and just remembered that it's not working or whatever, so that means I have to use the family computer. NO! THE HORROR! my dad can backtrack any site I visit when I use that. But I have no choice, it's either Fail or be stalked. I'd rather be stalked, it's not gonna kill me or anything. whatever. So I hurried down stairs and went on the family computer and started my lil stupid report.