The Beginning of a unhappy tale.

A adult poofy long haired woman wearing a tight tank top and jeans with layers of makeup and orange cat like eyes, with dark-ish skin walked up a flight of stairs in her uncleaned dim lit home and walked into her son's room with her fist clenched "Maxwell Louise Punjabi!!" She yelled with a angry stern voice "I told you to clean the kitchen before I left!" A short black haired boy in a blue shirt looking to be around 5 turned around looking a tad frightened "...you also told me to sweep the hallways. I couldn't find the time to do both"
"OH, so now you think you can just give me attitude?" She was not the nicest of people and was nearly impossible to deal with. "That's it, your spending the rest of the week in this house until it is so damn fucking shiny it'll melt my face off when i look at it" she slammed the door loudy as it echoed in the home. The boy turned back around to face his window, the only source of light in his 'room' if you'd even call a dusty depressing empty room with nothing but a violin and a dirty mattress on the floor a room. Max had just started kindergarten, he was then at that age when the human brain is capable of making memories. By age 6 all innocents he once had will be no more. Max thought to himself about a storybook he had heard his teacher read about a woman named Cinderella "im not a girl though, and have no step parents but maybe if I clean enough someone will come to rescue me." He liked to think happy thoughts alot, or so he did in this time anyway. Max looked at the sky as he thought to himself. A loud thud on his window brought him out of his day dreaming state as he looked down to see a lengthy red head with freckles all over him. The boy's curly hair moved slightly in the wind as he gave Max a big buck toothed smile. He had a small rock in his hand ready to throw at Max's window. The small child opened his window nervously "Chucky, if Lacy catches you near her yard your really gonna be dead this time!" The boy never addressed the woman as 'mom' when she wasn't around and he never thought of the place he lived in as home. It was just Lacy's house to him. His best and only friend at the time, Chucky, saw her as the demon bich who ruled her home with a iron fist. He thought of Max's house as a ditch and often refured to it as such. "C'mon Maxwell! I can sneak you ouutt?" He said tilting his head in a slight singing like tone in attempt to convince him. "No, I have to stay inside this week until the house is clean." Max frowned. "Kids at school are talking about you ya'know...you disappear days at a time and reappear with new bruses and wounds" Chucky looked down messing with pebbles with the end of his brown boot. "Well then just let them talk! I don't care what they think of me there all just jerks!" Max crossed his arms knitting his eyebrows upset that what they could be saying was hurtful but he wasn't about to admit that. "I have to go now Chucky, bye." Max said uncrossing his arms and giving Chucky a warm little smile as he closed the window. The small child stood up and walked outside of his room, down the creaky dark brown gloomy stairway and into the messy mold filled kitchen stepping on the white and black muddy kitchen tiles. He pulled up a stool and climbed up it gripping his little hands onto the counter and began cleaning the dishes. Loud obnoxious snoring cold be heard in the other room. In the living room with dirty laundry scattered everywhere and gray carpet layed a light bage colored couch with a skinny indain man asleep on top of it with a beer in his hands. That was Max's father Arjun. His snoreing didn't bother Max all that much, he was all but too used to it.