Travel

He wakes up to the monotonous ringing of his alarm. He wakes up and does his morning duties and sits down to study.

Around breakfast time, his mother comes up to call him,

"Son. food is served, come and eat."

He hums a reply.

"Study well, son. its study leave, right. You can score good marks"

He again hums.

He comes down to eat. His brother is watching the TV. He eats and goes to see his friend.

"Have you finished studying? Can't you study more?" His friend shouts when he sees him approaching.

"Fuck off."

He goes and sits down beside him. His friend lights lights a cigarette and offers him. He refuses.

"How fast you changed," his friend starts "this person sitting right here, it isn't you, its someone else." And he proceeds to light the cigarette.

He doesn't say anything.

"So, what's up?"

                 ******
He returns home and continues to study till dinner time. He eats and then studies till he feels sleepy.

Next day he wakes up and studies. Then he had his breakfast and sits down to watch TV with his brother. But he doesn't find anything interesting. That's when he remembers his friend gave him a movie. He plugs the USB and sits down to watch it. The movie is about travelling and he gets so absorbed in it that he was disappointed that the movie came to an end. That day he follows his daily routine and goes to sleep.
He wakes up the next day by seeing a dream about travelling.

He gets up and starts studying but he can't.  He stretches back and thinks about the travel movie.

He is sitting with his friend. "How did I become like this?"(or it could be a voice over where it shows the paper ripping off scene and this voice)

"How do I know." He replies, pouring a drink for them.

"My mom advised me one day and I became good. I don't  even know what happened to me."

Take this." His friend offers.

He gulps it down. "I wanna go on a trip."

"To where?"

"Don't know. Some place near. Do you know any place?"

He thinks for some time. "Someplace near....There's thommankuthu."

"What's there to see?"

"Waterfall."

"Is it good?"

"It's okay. You wanna go?"

"Yeah"

He goes back to his home and rings the bell. His brother open the door. He goes up to his room and shuts the door. His brother comes and bangs the door. He opens it. "What do you want?" His brother comes up to him and smells him, "Did you smoke?" 

"Get lost. I didn't. Why did you ask?"

"There's the smell, that's why."

"Get outta my room. I haven't smoked." His brother stands there for some time. "Get out."

His brother goes out and he locks the room and searches the route. He finds it out and then goes to sleep.

Next day he sees him and then says his plan.(Smoking cigarette)

"I'm gonna go."

"Why? It's risky."

He gets up."Yep, but I lived according to my Mom's wishes till now, and, i wanna live according to my wishes for some time."