Love Diary of a Teenage Filipina

Date: July 7, 2012

Chapter Quote:

If you want a love life, go find it yourself, there's a lot of fishes in the sea. Grab a net or a rod and lots of worms to catch! Happy catching!

If you need a love life, wait. The Lord is still planning the whole chapter of your perfect love life.

Dear Diary,

I am about to start a diary where I can express my feelings. Isn't that what a diary is all about?

Okay, let's start with the basics. My name is Emerald Fantonalgo, a 15 year old student from School for the Sciences.

I decided to write a diary so I can at least express my feelings and expel bad thoughts from my smart of a brain. Okay. Let's start.

I can't really clear my mind right now. It's like full but it's actually empty. Everything is in my mind, everyone talks and I can't clear my head but at the same time, it's empty. It's so confusing.

Since today is the Foundation Day of our school, everyone can mingle with others for a long time.

Since we can mingle with other years and sections because it is our foundation day, someone special but I really never talked to him, directly.

He kind of confessed to me last school year that he kind of likes me and told me I was pretty and all that, indirectly, through a girl that's his classmate and my friend.

He's a really sweet guy. He's a really good dancer. He can dance like a pro in cha cha or something like those ballroom dances. He's super great in Math. He also became a crush of my best friend who plays badminton with her. He's not gay. He is really a guy who is good at a lot of stuff.

He is so my opposite. I'm the type of girl who likes the humanities subjects like English, art, drama, history, Filipino, Health and many more. I like the sciences but I'm not really into it which is so ironic because I go to a science is the main thing school.

The problem is, he's younger than me. I know people say a lot of things like, it's okay, he's only a year younger or less. And you see, my type of guy is like those who are older than me which is sad.

You see, I like this guy but the problem is, we never really talked. As in NEVER.

I am the kind of girl who likes the Filipino conservative dating and stuff like that. I like it when the guy who likes you talks to you first and not the girl who is being liked.

Since my family's tradition is also super conservative, I would like to have a boyfriend at the age of 20 or 21 when I'm done in college but my feelings tell differently.

It's so confusing because my heart tells me that he's so pitiful because I can't in a way like him publicly back but I like him in a way that I' m the only one who knows. My mind tells me that he's kind of the perfect guy for me but at the same time the chances of being just friends or at least getting to know each other is so low because he never talks to me.

Maybe, I'm just assuming that he likes me. But I really wonder the way he looks at me. It gives me weird things that when I glance at him, I immediately remove my gaze. He also removes his gaze but maybe that's just what I think. Am I that assuming?

I have weird infatuations inside me. All in all, I just know that I like him and I don't need but maybe a little want of a boyfriend. Curse modernity and teenage love stories and movies, you're making me want a love life right now.

F.Y.I I am NBSB- No Boyfriend since Birth.

Anyways, let's move on to another topic.

You see, My friend, Bryant, who is still so dearly to me and is addicted to Physics, accidentally mentioned to Jay, my former crush, that I had a crush on Jay.

So I had to control my feelings and try to stop the crush thing. It felt so embarrassing that he knew I had a crush on him. The description above was from my first year in high school.

Well, I am kind of confused and very much assuming but I think he likes me too? Well, I think it is between a like friend and like crush thing. I can see him glance at me but am I just really assuming? You see, he is super duper tall and so gorgeous because he looks foreign in a way but he's actually not. He plays volleyball and is super duper good at it and he's super good at Math. I have talked to him before because he is my batch mate but they never last to 5 seconds. I ask a question and it depends on his mood. He answers back or nods or shrugs or something.

You see, I glance at him sometimes and I really appreciate his face. He has really light brownish eyes which is a bit rare. My eyes are kind of maroon and red and black mixed.

He's an awesome guy and my feelings are confusing me.

Should I pick? I mean why should I pick? I have no plans for a boy friend or whatsoever because they kind of add to your school problems even if the guy is just your crush.

I suck at love. I guess, I'll just pray for love from the world and world peace. Maybe, God's still making the perfect plan for my love life.

Thank you Diary,

Emerald Danielle Fantonalgo

Teehee: This is my friend's diary and it's not a diary anymore since it's public