KMLAP Contest Entry

This is my entry to the contest. Let's see how this goes.

Amelia stood in the bathroom getting ready for her date. Her date. Ever since Sherlock.... left, she never thought she would get ready for a date again. But here she was getting ready for her date with John. Not Watson. No, his name was John Smith. A name so common, it seemed uncommon. Almost like a pseudonym. No! He wouldn't have a pseudonym! He was completely, utterly normal! That is why Amelia agreed to dinner. She wanted a normal, dinner. She wanted a normal person to eat with. The complete opposite of Sherlock.

Sherlock. Even now, that man still affected her choices. Only he would be able to. The more she thought of Sherlock, she could almost sense him. As if, he was watching her......

An abrupt knock shook her from her thoughts. That must be John. She quickly answered the door.

"Oh! Hello there, Amelia! You look dashing! Absolutely marvelous!"

Amelia was wearing a simple black dress that ended right above her knees and covered her shoulders. She wore a pair of plain black heels. She curled her hair and wore a mini mall amount of makeup. She didn't think that she looked "dashing" or "marvelous." However, it seemed as if John had pulled out all of the stops. He wore a tuxedo that had been perfectly tailored to his body. His hair was perfect. It was made to look perfectly disheveled. Oh yes, he was ready to impress.

"Thank you, John. You look quite handsome yourself. "

"Thank you, my dear! We had better get going. We don't want to miss our reservations!" As he said this, John offered his arm to Amelia.

"So, as the French say, Allons-y!" (A/N: HUGE hint to who I am imitating here.)

Amelia have a half laugh. This was another reason she even spoke to this man. He always tried to make her laugh. Even though more often than not, he didn't succeed, he still tried.

*One Awkward Cab Ride Later*

They got out of the cab and walked into the restaurant. John told the hostess his last name and she showed them to their table. Throughout the night, John told Amelia stories. Normally, she would've thought the man was rude for not allowing her to speak, but tonight, she didn't care. She was thinking about what had been happening through the night.

First, John's chair broke when he sat in it. Next, there had been a bug in his glass of wine. When the waiter set the plate in front of John, he looked at Amelia and winked. Amelia immediately began to wonder what this waiter was up to. As soon as the waiter left, Amelia told John that she had to use the restroom. She followed the waiter out to the alley behind the restaurant. As soon as she went outside, the waiter shut the door, pushed Amelia against the wall, and kissed her. Amelia stood there stunned. The waiter pulled back and leant his four head against Amelia's.

He whispered, "I have been waiting a year to do that."

"Sherlock!?"

Then, Amelia woke up in her bed, thinking of last nights events.