I

"This entire thing is fucking stupid," I grumbled.
"Hush, the teachers coming back," Sophie panicked.
"Okay, children, I have set all of you up with an upperclassmen. They will personally take you are the school and ask you any questions you may have."

She called out everyone's names and paired them with one of the older kids. When she called my name, she directed me to a tallish boy with auburn hair. He had multiple freckles on his face and some of the shyest eyes I've ever seen.

"Hi, I'm Phil," her nervously said. "And you are?"
"Dan... she just said my name..." I raised a brow.
"Oh, right, sorry," he awkwardly chuckled. "May I see your schedule?"
"I guess," I shrugged. I handed the wrinkled piece of paper to him as he skimmed through it.
"Your first class is chemistry. That's on the third floor. Follow me."

We trudged up the stair and he showed me around the science wing. Half the time, I was playing with my tie—Phil wasn't too happy.

"Look, if you're not interested we can just stop. I'm not gonna waste my time showing you around."
"Good. I don't want to be here anyway! I never wanted to come to this stupid school!"
"You do realize that your shitty attitude isn't going to fly here."
"Oh yeah? And what are you gonna do about it?" I scoffed.

I got in his face and refused to break eye contact. He licked his bottom lip before chewing at it.  I raised a brow and smirked. He rolled his eyes and backed away.

"Nothing, you little rat."
"Hm, that's what I thought," I grinned. "See you around, loser."
"You really wanna talk to a fourth year like that, fresher?"
"Yeah, I do."
"You have a lot of nerve, kid. We'll see how long you last. Good luck, first year... you're gonna need it."
"Pfft, I doubt it."