•Sowon X Jungkook•

The smell of French fries entered Sowon's nose. The waiter was carrying two plates full of food. Jungkook, who was sitting across from her, smacked his lips together.

"Mmmmm..." He squeezed the ketchup onto the empty space on his plate. The waiter placed my bowl of salad in front of me.

Jungkook frowned when seeing what I was eating for lunch. "That's all?"

I nod and started to chew the leaves with no sauce.

"You need to eat more. Eat this." He pushes the plate of fries towards me. I shake my head.

"I can't. I'll be fat." I say in reply and push the plate back. "Plus, I'm not hungry."

Ever since I was young, I was one of the chubbiest kids in my class but that all changed when I was in high school where I went on a diet and lost all the fat I've been dragging around with me. My best friend, Jungkook, has not been too fond of my diet.

"Just eat. I'm hungry just looking at you. If you are too worried about your weight, just exercise. I can teach you."

"Thanks but no thanks." I finished up my poor looking lunch. I grab my purse and call the waiter for the bill.

"I'll pay. It's the least I can do when all you ate was leaves." He brings out his credit card.

Once he paid, we went out and walked to an ice cream shop.

"My treat." He opens the door for me.

"No thanks." I step back. "Go ahead."

"Sowon, I'm not letting you eat so pathetically. You need food." He grabs my wrist and drags me inside.

Jungkook takes forever to choose a flavour but I already made my mind. No fat vanilla ice cream. When I told the worker my choice, I saw Jungkook shake his head in disappointment.

We grab our ice cream and sit on the bench right in front of the shop.

Jungkook scoops a but of his ice cream and holds it out in front of me. "Here comes the airplane! Say ahhh!"

"I told you already. I really can't." Even though I told him, I still opened my mouth for Jungkook's sake.

"Good girl!" He smiles at me once I fight against myself to swallow the cold chunk inside of my mouth.

He finishes the ice cream in lightning speed while I'm not even halfway done.

"Tell me why you are so worried about your weight." He says.

"I'm fat." I say simply.

"Look at yourself, Sowon! You're so skinny!" He says, like he can't believe what I'm saying.

"I lost all my weight and now I don't want to repeat its history." I point at a poster of a model. "I want to be like her."

He follows my finger and looks at the poster. A beautiful, tall and skinny girl with a smile so bright.

Jungkook shrugs. "To me, you are better. I don't know why girls want to look like those models. All bones."

"Then what kind of girls do you like?" I ask him.

"You and only you."

"Oh."

He smiles, scrunching his eyes together. "I want you to realize that you don't need to lose weigh or be skinny just to be pretty."

"But-"

"No buts. It's been a long day, let's get you home."

•••

Ever since that day, Jungkook tried to bring her to a gym where it was a much better alternative than dieting. No luck until one day, on his birthday, Sowon agreed.

"Isn't this fun?" Jungkook says while I hold a plank. So far we have been exercising for 10 minutes but I'm already tired.

"I'm so tired." I complain.

"And that's because you don't eat. After this we are eating some steak whether you want to or not."

I finally collapse from the plank and lie on the floor. "Please no, Jungkook."

"Nope! It's my birthday and what I want is to see you eat. Treat this as a birthday gift to me!"

I groan in annoyance. "Fine."

Jungkook cheers. "Now let's do some pushups!"

After a painful and tiring one hour, he brings me to a steakhouse. The smell of all the different meat attack me at once.

Jungkook takes the menu away from me. "I will choose for you."

I watch him read the description for the fifty different meats. His face ligths up on his choice for me. "Perfect!"

It took one hour for our food to come. "If we went to a salad bar, it wouldn't take this long." I say once we got our food.

"I don't mind if it's with you." He says as he cuts up his steak. I cut my own and put it inside of my mouth. It was so soft and tender that I ate another piece. Then another. Until I ate the whole thing up.

He paid for the dinner even though it was his birthday. "You should of let me pay."

"You eating was already enough."

We started walking back home but i was so worn out that I fell onto the sidewalk.

"Oh Sowon." Jungkook carries me to my house. He takes out my keys from my bag and opens it. He lays me down onto my bed and a blanket on top of me.

"Thank you for eating properly." He quietly says, stroking my cheek. "You are perfect just the way you are. I wish you would notice because you are a beautiful girl inside and out."

•••

"Imagine if we obsessed over the things we love about ourselves."

•••

What is something you love about yourself?

Mine would probably be my height 😂 (I'm like 172 cm/5'8)

LOVE YOURSELF EVERYONE *wink wink, nudge nudge*

But Sowon is so freaking slim and tall and pretty and talented and NEEDS SOME LINES *coughs and glares at Source for the millionth time*