Chapter 1

"No one has ever meant anything to me like he does. I know it would never work but I had to try. No matter what it takes, even if I have to reveal who I am." James walked into school with his classic black hoodie, baggy jeans and navy-blue converse. His skin was paler than normal but no one seemed to care. He was never the center of attention. People just assumed he was depressed, and never wanted to get close enough in fear that he might hurt them. He looked like the person one might think of as hiding in an ally way in a big city. He had a secret that he couldn't tell anyone, even his family would never know. But everything seemed to change when he saw one person in the halls. He had light brown hair, and sapphire blue eyes. Everything around James changed when he saw him. The worked came to a stop, no one else mattered more. "Hey James, how ya doin?" He asked. James suddenly sprang out of his trance realizing that he had been standing there drooling over another guy and people were probably staring. "Uh-uh hi Sam, I'm good how about you?" James stuttered. Sam smiled, noticing how nervous James was." "You know, you don't have to be so nervous around me James." He said. James nodded and looked up at Sam. He seemed much calmer now and was able to control his speech. "So, what are you doing after school?" He asked. Sam looked up thinking about his plans for the evening. "I have practice until 5 but then I'm free if you want to grab dinner." Sam was captain of the swim team, he had a swimmer's body, very muscular and appealing to anyone that looked at him. James was more skinny and boney looking, people assumed he had cancer or some disease. In reality, he was never an eater. He couldn't digest food normally, so he refused most food but somehow, he found a way to survive. "So, what time should I pick you up?" Sam said. "Uh how about 7"? James said looking down at his shoes embarrassed. "7 it is then, here's my number" Sam handed him a piece of paper with his number on it "text me your address." Sam walked away winking at James like he knew something. This put a strike of fear into James. No one knew his secret, and he wanted to keep it that way.