Snakes and Seeds

"Dialogue"
Thoughts
(Ancient Greek)
Twin telepathy (between Shin and Kagome)
________________________________
Kagome's POV

Her veins felt as if they were on fire. The poison was slowly spreading from the snake bite wound, located at her side. A little girl trembled in her arms, crying for her and calling out for Lord Sesshomaru, but he wasn't near to heed to her request. A pattering of feet came towards her in a hurry and a ball of fluff jumped into her arms, crying for her. Shouts were echoing within her head, causing her to have a headache. She attempted to identify who was saying what as her eyesight was slowly becoming blurry.

"Lord Sesshomaru! Please...sniff...help!" Rin...

"Kagome...sniff...please be alright!" Shippo...

"Raa!" Kirara...

"Kagome, just wait! We'll be right there!" Sango...

"Wind Tunnel! Sango, quick! Head to Kagome and help her!" Miroku...

"You'll pay for that Naraku!" Inuyasha...

Darkness was approaching like an old friend. It always had been her old friend. When she was younger, it hid her from what she was scared of; it introduced her to family members that she yet to meet.

Mom...grandpa...Sota...Shin...everyone...

I'm sorry...

She felt tears slide down her face. She remembered the words that Shin had always told her about his and her fate.

"It isn't easy being a half-blood. We would be lucky to live past 13."

Her chest heaved as she chuckled. It isn't easy being a demigod, neither was being a Miko in the Feudal Era, with mortals and demons wishing to have her head than just monsters wishing for revenge against the gods. She took a deep breath and listened to the voices of her friends as she felt her soul slowly fading away. Their voices together created a cacophony, yet to her, it was a familiar symphony that would be her requiem to the grave.

No! What I am thinking! I am Kagome Higurashi, the descendant of Hades and Izanami! Darkness and death may be my friends, but now is not the time to be seeing them!

A chuckle was heard from the back of her mind.

Am I going crazy?

S: No, Kagome, you're not going crazy.

K: Shin-niisan!

S: Yo! I would love to chat with you about life, but...HIGURASHI KAGOME, YOU BETTER NOT BE DEAD BY THE TIME I REACH YOU!

K: Where are you?

Goosebumps ran up her arms as soon as the telepathy went silent for a couple of seconds. A familiar warm life aura was felt by the Bone Eater's well in the Feudal Era. Shin...

K: What are you doing here?! More importantly, how are you here?!

S: Conserve your strength. I'm coming as soon as I can. The connection is going to be cut off once I shadow-travel. Stay alert Kagome. Don't let Lady Izanami or Lord Hades tempt to their domain.

K: Nonsense! Grandpa Hades and Izanami-obasan are lonely and lovely people, so my company should be pleasant for them.

S: KAGOME!

K: What! Like your company is better than mine.

S: So even as you're dying, you're still a sarcastic little sh-brat.