Prologue

I and Purvi were together for about 3 years. I loved her. And she loved me (at least she said so).
My grandmother was sick, so I had to take a leave from college to go back to my hometown for a week. I told Purvi about it. She was upset. But I had to leave.
Unfortunately, I had to stay for more than a week. Purvi used to call me everyday and ask how my grandma was doing. But slowly, the duration of our conversations decreased. I had to look after grandma, so I couldn't get the time to call her. But she too stopped calling me.
3 weeks later, my grandma recovered.
I took her blessings and returned to college.
I lived in the college hostel, while Purvi lived in a rented Apartment.
Purvi had no idea that I was going to come back. I wanted to surprise her.
I reached my college, kept my stuff in my room and left for Purvi's apartment to meet and surprise her.
I reached there. I was standing outside her door. I pressed the doorbell. No answer. I dialed Purvi's no.
"Hello?" She said. Her voice so beautiful and melodious.
"Actually I'm leaving now. I'll be there by the morning. See you soon babe." I said.
"Okay great." She said without any enthusiasm in her voice.
"Where are you?" I asked.
"Home." she said.
"Okay. Good Night. See you soon. I love you." I said.
"Good night." She said and hung up. I was surprised at her lack of enthusiasm and the way she just hung up without telling me that she loves me.
A few minutes later, I pressed the doorbell again. I heard footsteps, walking towards the door. The door opened. Purvi wasn't there. There was a guy, in his vest and underwear. I was confused. Noticing his muscular physique, and height, I stopped myself from losing my mind, and asked her politely, "It is Purvi's house. Right??"
"Yes" He said.
"Where is she??" I asked.
"Washroom." He said. "Who are you?"
"I was about to ask the same thing." I said, little annoyed.
He didn't respond. I didn't care anymore about his physique. I just pushed him aside, and let myself in. I ran to her room.
As I entered in her room, I saw her, lying there, covered in bedsheets, exposing her naked back.
"What's going on?" I asked.
She turned. She saw me.
"Shit!! You were supposed to see me tomorrow." She said, hastily covering herself with the bedsheet."
The guy too came in.
"Listen dude...." He said.
"Just tell me what's happening." I said, cutting him off.
"I'm sorry Piyush......." Purvi said.
I left, without listening to her. I didn't need any Goddamn explanation. I saw it myself. They were together in bed, naked.
I came back to my hostel room. I wasn't crying. I didn't want to. I opened my laptop, and started watching a movie.
Later that night, I received her text;
'Listen Piyush, I know I should've told you, but I and Sarthak have been doing this for about 6 months. He loves me, he understands me, just like you do. But there is one more thing, you believe that we should be physical with each other only after marriage. You're disciplined and you follow your rules. But Sarthak and I are good together. He has no rules. I'm sorry for breaking your heart. But I'm breaking up with you..... '
'Okay.' I texted her back.
She didn't even call to tell me that it was over. She broke up over a text message.
Wow!