Prolouge

A/N: Sorry about the music, I wanted to listen to something while I wrote and I'm to lazy to take it down.

June 9th, 2009, 5:19 pm. The exact time of mine and my spirit partners birth. My best guess is that it will be a Phoenix, as both of my parents, but I guess I'll find out soon.

Today is my birthday, my 11th to be exact. And at 5:19 pm, either a Phoenix or a Griffin will come flying over to bring my to my school. Either the School of the Phoenix, known for their athletic skill and ability to withstand heat, something I could never do. Or the School of the Griffin, known for their bravery and cleverness, both of which I have always had more than my parents.

I sat down in the grass in front of my flame-proof house, both nervous and exited I sat there. I watched the sky in fascination, looking over the flight patterns of the creatures above my head. I wondered what mine would look like.

Phoenix come in many colors, such as green, blue, purple, red, orange, and the very uncommon, gold. Griffin come in many different colors. There have been fully black ones, full brown ones, tan ones, a mix of all three, ginger one, blonde. There is yet to be a white one. I'm hoping that if there ever is one, I'll be around to see it.

Suddenly, I was shoved to the ground, a fluffy white, black spotted something blocking my view. I was startled as whatever it was screeched before jumping off.

Before me stood a beautiful Griffin. It was almost purely white aside from the black feathers mix into its wings and tail. It was not much bigger than I and had long talons on it's light grey front paws. Its bright blue eyes stared mercilessly into my grey ones.

I gaped at the beautiful creature in front of me. I began walking towards me. I walked forwards as well, curious as most would be fearful.

Just then I noticed the paper in the beautiful animals mouth. I stood there, almost jumping up in down with excitement. I knew exactly what the paper in their mouth was, not only did it explain everything I wouldn't already know about the griffin before me, but would explain the school I was to attend by tomorrow afternoon.

As if knowing that I had now noticed the paper the griffin, which I would soon have the name of, had in it's mouth, it lowered it's head, dropping the paper in front of me. It pushed the paper to my feet before bringing it's head back up, pride filling the creatures eyes.

I immediately picked up the paper, which, if I was honest, looked more like a scroll. The red wax holding the paper closed had my school crest. On the crest was a griffin head held high and wings spread out wide.

I looked at it for a moment before carefully opening it. I started with the information on my griffin.

Name: Schnee ( Snow )

Gender: Female

Age: 11 ( human years ) 2 and 3 quarters ( Griffin years )

Origin: German

Feed: Anything below 70 degrees and nothing including chocolate

After that it had all of my information for school.

You have been invited to join and learn inside of the School of the Griffin on behalf of your griffin, Schnee. If you are to join, you are to be here by 12:00pm, June 10th. You are to bring everything said below, the rest will be provided to you at the school.

~ Pen/Pencils/Quill

~ 3 empty notebooks

~ At least 4 folders

~ 4 binders( 1 inch recommended )

~ erasers

We expect you there, but if you choose not to come, please send your griffin to us with a note.

The letter ended there. I looked at Schnee smiling. I put my hand up to their beak and they backed up at bit. Seeming to notice the hurt in my eyes, they stepped forward and put there beak to my palm before I could put it down.

I smiled, before realizing I would have to go to the store to get my stuff for tomorrow. I sighed before I noticed my parents standing in the door, my mother looking almost as exited as me and my father smiling.