Garrosh HellScream

Garrosh Hellscream, son of and former chieftain of the , was a of the known for his warmongering, cruelty and involvement with dark powers. Having grown up on , Garrosh came through upon its reopening, and was invited into the Horde by himself. Quickly ascending through the ranks of the Horde military, Garrosh led troops in the against the and was given the position of Warchief with Thrall's subsequent absence during the .

Infamous for his raging hatred for the , Garrosh had a strong intention to take the Horde to war with its rival power, no matter the cost to his nation and those who stood in his way. During the Horde's invasion of , Garrosh unleashed the, a long-isolated power that tainted untold swathes of land and consumed the bodies and souls of hundreds of people. He also ordered that a mana bomb be dropped on , a human bastion on the continent, in an attempt to eliminate and provoke a war with the Alliance.

Following these and other controversial actions, elements of the Horde led by and Thrall united with the forces of the Alliance and against troops loyal to Hellscream. eventually leading to the . Following a personal duel with Thrall, Hellscream was nearly executed by the shaman. Only the intervention of prevented Hellscream from being martyred on the spot by his predecessor, as Garrosh so desperately desired. Instead, it was decided that a trial would be held in neutral Pandaria and justice meted out equally for those in the Alliance and the Horde who had suffered Hellscream's indescribable cruelty.

Hellscream's ambitions were not tempered by his defeat, however, and the dethroned Warchief had one final trick up his sleeve. Escaping captivity with the aid of a member of the , Garrosh went back to the moment his race had drank the blood of the demon and become conquerors. His attempts to prevent this consumption led to him founding the , a powerful empire which arose in place of the original, honorable entity; a of Azeroth by this Iron Horde and the war to stop its advance through time and space led to the deaths of thousands across multiple dimensions.

With the conflict concluded and the Iron Horde routed, challenged Garrosh to a final duel. Hellscream and his potent weapon, , battled with the elements controlled by Thrall and were defeated. Not willing to risk Garrosh escaping and wreaking more chaos upon the universe, Thrall killed Garrosh Hellscream and left him and his weapon on the field of battle, the place where the former Warchief had valued above all others.