Looking up

A/N: I got this idea from an otp prompt on Tumblr. I hope you enjoy!

"Like this?" Daron asked, playing the riff again before looking up at Serj.

"Uhhh... I don't know. Play that again," he requested.

Daron did what he was told and after the notes filled the room, he looked at Serj for his approval.

"That just sounds like the happy birthday song, but in minor," the taller man said and they both giggled. The small guitarist continued to come up with variations. 

"What about this?" he asked yet again, playing a new version, "or this?" Daron was staring at Serj, waiting for his response. 

"Calm down, dude, we'll figure it out sooner or later. I'm thinking of lyrics right now," the singer replied and his friend sighed. 

"This is, like, the most important part of the song..," Daron whimpered, looking at his friend with puppy dog eyes, "pleease help mee!"

He was suddenly turned around by Serj, who was now squeezing his shoulders gently.

"What are you doing!?" Daron asked, but he didn't pull away. The small guitarist's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. 

"I'm giving you a massage," the taller man said, "you must be tired from looking up at me all the time."

"Oh, shut up!!" the guitarist said and crossed his arms, blushing harder. He was a little offended, but this felt kinda nice, so Daron didn't complain. 

"Your guitar must be so heavy for a little guy like you," Serj said and laughed.

"I fucking hate you," the smaller man giggled quietly and played the riff again.

"Mmmm... I like this version. Maybe you should play those two notes at the end without muting it," the vocalist suggested and Daron nodded, playing it.

"Lie naked on the floor and... let the messiah go through our souls..." Serj sang quietly.

"This is gonna be such a great song," Daron whispered and smiled. 

Both of them continued to sing and play, mastering and developing the song throughout the night.