One last Wish

Charlotte was a straight A student that already had her life planned out for her from the day she was born. She was involved in everything at school from school plays to spelling bee contests you name it. Cheerful and excited about everything that came her way until 'IT' approached her. 

It was just an ordinary day for Charlotte as she was trying out for a new Christmas play at school that she was very much excited about.

"Come on mom you're gonna make me late" Charlotte eagerly awaited for her mom to get the car started.

Charlotte mom noticed something strange about her daughter that day. She noticed her daughter was getting rather thin but she just thought it was something normal.
She dropped her daughter off at school only to get a phone call moments later that Charlotte was rushed to the hospital.
Mrs Jameson, a widowed mother of 1 dropped everything she was doing at work and dashed to the hospital.
She ran up to the nurse's station half way out of breath.

"Charlotte Jameson please"

"Are you the mom" the nurse asked Mrs Jameson who repeatedly shook her head yes.

"Okay have a seat over there and the doctor will be right with you momentarily mam" the nurse said pointing over to a seat that was next to an elderly guy.
Mrs Jameson sat down fidgeting like a little toddler . Everything was going through her mind about what could possibly be wrong with her healthy 12 year old daughter.

"Mrs Jameson" a doctor dressed in a blue overall called out.

Mrs Jameson jumped to her feet and quickly walked over to the doctor who led her in the back to a room where her daughter was.
She rushed over to her daughter and gave her one of the tightest mama bear hugs she had.
The doctor smiled and then proceeded to grab the test results off the desk that was next to him.

The Doctor showed Mrs Jameson the test results and what could of triggered her fever.
Mr Peterman, a child care doctor pulled Mrs Jameson aside , pulled her hand in his and gently broke her heart by finally telling her the devastating news that Charlotte, her 12 year old daughter is battling leukemia cancer.

Pulling away from him, Mrs Jameson broke down into tears. She knew something strange was wrong with her daughter but she had no idea that it was that serious.
He assured her that because Charlotte  fever was at 101 that she would have to stay in for a while until it drops.

"Am I going to die mom" Charlotte looked at her mom with teary eyes over hearing her mom and the Doctor's conversation.
Mrs Jameson placed her hands on her mouth as she proceeded to stop her self from tearing up. All she knew was that she had to be strong for her daughter.
"No sweetie you won't" said Mrs Jameson as she stroked her daughter's hair back. She gave her daughter one last kiss and hug before leaving the hospital.
———-
Mrs Jameson reached to the parking lot of the hospital and unlocked her car. As she got in and closed the door to her car she let it all fall out. She cried and cried repeatedly while trying to control herself. She couldn't believe that what had taken her husband was now trying to take her daughter as well. 
Mrs Jameson husband, Charlotte's dad, passed away 3 years ago from Leukemia cancer.
Turning the keys in the ignition Mrs Jameson tried to control her tears as she pulled out of the drive way of the hospital.
—————
Moments later Mrs Jameson pulled up in the drive way of her home. Smiling and Remembering the first day she brought little Charlotte home with a bald head and little string bean arms, she pushed the key into the front door and turned the knob.

Straight to the kitchen went Amanda as she got a glass and poured her self a shot of whiskey.
Mrs Jameson thought that drinking was behind her but with her only child in the hospital with cancer she just had to.
Shot after shot of whiskey Amanda found herself getting light headed . She stumbled her way over to the living room coach where she collapsed and in no time was out like a light.

The next day Amanda awoke with a crushing headache. Arising from the coach she held her head and went over to the noisy phone that was ringing off the hook.
"Hello" she groaned into the phone
Amanda held her head as she listened to the next voice on the cordless line.

"Alright no problem"

Amanda was ordered by the Doctor to come in. He had told her that he had done further test on Charlotte and she needed to see them and make changes.
On her way to the hospital Amanda stopped for some coffee because the news she was about to hear she would need to be as sober as possible.

Pulling up to the hospital she grabbed her coffee and made her way inside of the hospital.

"Mr Peterman please" Mrs Jameson asked as she walked up to the nurse's station sipping on her coffee and more nervous than the first time she was called in.
Soon enough Mr peterman walked out and led Amanda to his office.
He sat down and offered Amanda a seat as well.
Following his orders she sat down nervous as hell because the news what was about to come is going to either break her heart or cheer her up. Either way she wasn't ready for the news.
"Mrs Jameson...." Mr Peterman started out as he pulled a file from his cabinet.

"First let me start of by saying that your
daughter is such a strong little girl; very smart and pretty as well. Now Mrs Jameson, At Charlotte's age , the cancer she is battling is really hard to get a hold of at the stage she is on. Charlotte has stage 3 leukemia and as you know during this stage the cells start to spread rapidly. The reason Charlotte's fever is so high is because of the rapid drop in her blood count.
In order for us to get it under control we would have to keep her in just a few more days."

Amanda had no idea that those days would turn into weeks and eventually months.

The house got lonely for Amanda and she soon turned to alcohol almost everyday to take the pain away .
Amanda invited a few family members over to give them the news she had kept from them for so long.
When hearing the news everyone was shocked and soon cries filled the house where Amanda lived.
Everyone loved Charlotte because she was such a sweet and gentle soul. Charlotte was loved by everyone. Grandparents , cousins, aunts, uncles, teachers you name it. She was just a big heart in a little body.

———-
3 months later everyone gathered around Charlotte's bedside with balloons and a cake filled with lit candles. Today was Charlotte's 13th birthday but she wasn't feeling so excited about it.
"Happy Birthday dear Charlotte , happy birthday we love you" Charlotte was bamboozled with hugs and kisses by all of her cousins and other family members that came to celebrate with her.
"Alright sweetie it's time to make a wish and blow out your candles" Amanda smiled as she placed the cake in front of her daughter.
Everyone smiled as Charlotte made her wish and looked up at everyone.
The wish she made would soon come to reality. The day was over and everyone said their goodbyes to Charlotte not knowing that their goodbyes would soon be the last ones they would ever say to her.
Later that night while it was storming outside Charlotte looked up to the sky , smiled and closed her eyes for eternity.