Sacrifice

(Y/n)'s POV

My whole life I was fascinated by the tales of the Underground. How I wished that it was real. I felt a true empathy for the monsters being banished to the Underground. Everyone would say that it was an urban legend and that there is no such thing as monsters. Everyone that is but me and my little brother.

For years me and my brother believed that the war between the humans real. We weren't ashamed that we believed in "fairy tales." We were made out to be the town loons. Huh. I guess that's why we never had any friends. That's okay. We always have each other. That is until my brother went missing. I went frantic looking for him. I was on the verge on giving up until...

"(Y/n)," a small voice called out to me. It was my brother and he was injured. " Oh my god. Are you okay?" I ran to him covered in bruises and scratches. "I need to take you home," I scooped him up. He groaned from the pain.

"(Y/n) wait."

"Shh you need rest."

"I don't have much time."

"What do you mean?"

"I need to tell you everything before I go."

"GO? Where? No you're not going anywhere I just got you back," the tears began to form. "Please," his voice became weaker. "O...okay," I sniffled. He told me that what we believed in was all true. That he fell into the Underground. And his whole adventure in the Underground. At the end he told me that he murdered a monster. "Why?" I softly gasped. "I don't know. I didn't mean to," his voice quivered. "But... I sacrificed my soul to break the barrier. I want to apologize to his brother Sans but... I don't have much time," he winced.

He body is slowly grew limp. "I'll tell him. I promise," I held his small body close to me. The life in his eyes fades away as his shallow breathing stopped. "No," I gasped. "No no no no no no no," I try to shake him to wake him up. "NO!" I screamed as I squeezed him in a tight hug. The town gathered around me. As monsters crossed the barrier. They made their way to me and my brother.

Two monsters in particular stood in front of me holding my brother's body. "Oh no," one gasped as she buried her face into the chest of the other. "Oh man kid," a fish type monster expressed. "My child," the tall one said. "What had happened to him?" he asked. "He... s-sacrificed his... s-soul to break the barrier," I sobbed. The woman fell to he knees to hug me. "We're so sorry," she wept. 

"Don't be," I sniffled. "He wanted to do it. To right his wrongs." "We'll talk about this later we need to give him a proper burial," he said as he bent down to lift his body. I held on to him. "It's okay. I'll be gentle," he assured me. Hesitantly I let go of his body. I saw the monster with tears in their eyes and looks of sympathy. I followed the two monsters and the other followed. The taller monster order one of the other monsters to dig.

I watched as the monster began to dig the hole. The two monsters who introduced themselves as Toriel and Asgore. Asgore apologized for the whole "trying to steal Frisk's SOUL" thing. "It was inevitable. You did what you had to do for your people," I told Asgore as I looked at my brother's body laying in front of me.

The monster announced that he was finished with the hole. Toriel placed her hand on my shoulder, "We'll leave you alone to say your goodbyes." The locals and monsters left me alone with my brother. I brushed his hair out of his face. "Heh I was always bad at giving haircuts so we decided to let your hair grow out," I smiled. The good memories turn bittersweet. "You look so peaceful. Like your sleeping. I just wished that you could wake up so I could tell you that I love you. But it looks like you're going to see your mom and dad," the tears began to well up. 

I placed my head on his chest like what we always do to each other when we were upset. But this time his heart isn't beating. I rested it there for a minute. I planted my lips on his forehead. "I always love Frisk." Toriel walked over to us, "Child?" "I'm ready," I sniffed. She only nodded and signaled for the monsters to lift Frisk. She handed me a bouquet of Golden flowers.