Thunderstorm

I sit on the couch, watching TV, when I hear a rumble in the distance. "Was that thunder?" I ask myself. Sure enough I'm answered with another rumble. "Eh, maybe this is one of those long distant storms and we won't get anything," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

Not even a moment later, my phone goes off. I check my weather app and receive a message  saying, "a Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been issued for your county."

"Gee, Y/N, thanks for jinxing yourself," I reply, still thinking out loud. I then see lightning flash from outside the window, and I scream. "TYLER!" I call out.

Tyler's bedroom door opens, and he runs into the living room. "What's happening?!? What's wrong!?" He yells, full on protective mode.

 "We're about to get severe thunderstorms, and I'm scared." I then pull up the radar on my phone and show Tyler. "Look! These storms look nasty. I would know, I'm the weather nerd."

Tyler then puts his fists on his hips and strikes a heroic pose. "Don't worry, y/n, I'll save you," he says, puffing out his chest.

"Well, Mr. Superhero, shut up and protect me," I say with a fake attitude. All of a sudden, there's a huge crash of thunder that makes me jump and scream, "TYLER!!"

He then plops down beside me and says, "its okay, Y/n, I'm right here." Tyler then wraps an arm around my shoulder.

A few moments later, rain starts to pour loudly over the roof. Lightning strikes nearby and the sound is deafening. "Tyler, I'm scared," I say, burying myself into Tyler's chest.

"Shh, you're okay. I'll protect you," Ty replies in a soft voice. He then rests his chin on the top of my head, and runs his fingers through my hair. There's another crash of thunder, and Tyler wraps his arms tightly around me.

I try to ignore the thunder, and focus on the steady rhythm of Tyler's heart. His heart beat is so relaxing that I dose off right there, in his arms, in the middle of a storm.  

-----After note: I'm not used to publishing stories for people to see. These stories are usually a form of therapy that I keep to myself. Please be kind. ----