Chapter One:

Raining. Raining again. Maya had to be at work in fifteen minutes and it was raining.

'Damn it, could this day get any worse?' Maya thought, stepping outside onto the street from her apartment.

"Taxi!" A taxi slowed to a stop in front of Maya. She hopped into the taxi, bringing her long black hair over her shoulder, making sure the braid was in place. "Lawless Fashion on 21st and Brighton, please?" She asked the taxi driver.

"Sure thing, miss." The taxi driver said putting the car in drive.

Lawless Fashion was a fashion company owned by Maya's father, Benedict Lawless, she is a designer for the company, hoping to one day take over when her father retires. Her father has her run most of the company right now as it is anyway, he pretty much has final say on most of the decisions, but Maya does everything else. Today she was running slightly late, needing to make it to a meeting for the new fall line to buys this morning, she didn't even get to have her morning cup of coffee. 

"Excuse me, can you step on it? I can't be late there is this meeting I have to get to." Her dark eyes pleading with the driver through the rearview mirror. 

"Sorry, lady, but I can't tell traffic to move along." She sighed and slumped in the seat, staring out the window at the dark grey sky of Seattle. 

'Apparently, today was going to be one of those days.'  With only minutes to spare, she paid the fare and hurried out of the taxi, fixing her scarlet pin-up style dress, black trench coat and hurried to the elevator in her black pumps. 

Stepping out of the elevator, twenty stories up, she headed towards the conference room, "Good morning, everyone. Hi, dad." She said to the room and then kissing her dad on the cheek. 

"Sweetheart, do you have the new designs for the fall line?" Benedict asked standing up and buttoning the bottom button of his navy blue suit jacket. 

"Of course." She said, turning to look at everything she had brought with her from home. "I have them..." gasping she looked horrified at her father. "I will be right back, I was in a hurry to get to this meeting, I forgot to stop by my office and pick them up. Just give me a couple minutes." She heard her father sigh as she turned and left the room. Once out of eyesight she took her heels off and took off at a sprint down the hallway towards her office. Chyler, her assistant, a petite blonde in a pinstripe suit, was standing at the door. 

"Good morning, Miss Lawless, here are the sketches and a coffee." 

"Chyler, you are a lifesaver, but just put the coffee on my desk for now. I need to get back to the meeting." Chyler nodded at Maya, turning to head the other direction once more, she put her shoes back on and walked quickly back to the conference room. "I apologize for that, everyone. Now we can get started," taking the sketches and putting them on a stand she started the meeting. "This year we are going to mix and match the normal fall colors with each other..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After such a rocky start to her morning, Maya's day went by much smoother. 

At the end of the day, Maya was sitting her at her desk finishing up some paperwork, when there was a knock at the door. "Come in."

"Miss Lawless, I was told to remind you about the transfer coming in tomorrow from Boston."

"Right, right. Thank you, Chyler. Can you bring me a coffee? Tonight is going to be a long one for me." 

"Yes, Ma'am." Chyler nodded and turned to leave. 

"Thank you, Chyler!" Maya called after her. Placing her pen down for a moment, Maya stood up to stretch from sitting for so long, she needed to wake herself up some. She turned to look out her window at the glowing lights of the city she loved, the city she grew up in. Sighing, she remembered what Chyler said about the new transfer, Jax Villarin, his resume was incredible. She believed that Jax was going to be a real asset to the company. She was definitely looking forward to meeting him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying the story so far. I promise I am working on a new chapter. I know this is slow going and this was a short chapter... but this is only a rough draft. I put up a picture that I see as being Maya and the next chapter will have how I see Jax. So you have a better view of what they look like. If you see any mistakes please let me know, don't forget to vote on my story!