Board Out Of My Mind

Hi everyone! I hope you read and enjoyed my other book, The Corduroy Caper. I enjoyed writing it for you. my next book is (finally) here and I present to you Board Out Of My Mind. P.S. The title is a play on words :)

Chapter 1

"There will be no tomfoolery in this institution," The voice of the headmistress of my new school echoed throughout the corridor. "Nor will there be cell phones." she said, obviously directed towards the tall girl to my right as she tapped away on her Blackberry. the girl looked up to find everyone glaring at her, immediately blushed, and tucked her phone into her messenger bag. "If this happens again," spat the headmistress. "The phone will be mine. And that goes for all of you." I put my hand in my pocket, reassuring that my phone was still there. I breathed I sigh of relief. I wouldn't ever want that woman"s filthy paws on my cell phone. "Now that that's sorted out," she shouted. "I'll now show you your rooms. Natalya Stacey and Melissa Gibson will be sharing a room. Please step forward." a short, pudgy girl with orange hair strode throught the crowd followed by a mediam-sized brunette. "Room number thirty-four." the headmistress yelled. She then pointed towards a door with two tattered, bronze numbers. She handed the girls each a key and they scurried over with their keys and luggage and unlocked the door.

"Bailey Dean and Hannah Phillips will be sharing a room as well."