The Meeting

I walked into the country club with a frown on my face as always. My older brother, Brian, on my left and my dad on the right. "Hello Mr. Johns!" I hear an employee call out to my father. He is a handsome man, about a foot taller than me. He is wearing khaki shorts and a pink polo shirt, with brown scuffed shoes on. He looks me up and down and then smirks at me. Every guy at the country club is a jerk who wants to take every girl home. I've had about 20 employees try to kiss me, they are all disgusting pigs though. A lot of the men here don't understand the cost some people have to pay to be able to have half of the good life that they have. Just because they have money- they get whatever they want.
My brother sees the young man's interest in me. Brian steps halfway in front of me and the worker makes a mad frown, but then looks to me and smiles. I smile back without noticing. My father clears his throat, "You must be my new worker. You aren't making a very good impression young man." Dad owns the country club- which has given me so many opportunities in life that I'm grateful for. But I've always wanted to live the simple life. Work for what I earn, be able to go to a school of the arts, have friends that party with me. I've never had that. I do have two best friends though. Kayla and Kevin. Kayla has been my best friend since 2nd grade. She came to Avalon (our private school) as a transfer student. Her home town had become very dangerous because of riots, so her parents and her came all the way from Europe to start a new life here. Our dads are business partners, now, and her mom is the head chef. My mom is rarely ever in town. She travels studying different diseases abroad. She tries to figure out if other countries- 2nd world countries- have resources to heal diseases that we don't. She is brilliant, but unfortunately is always gone. Brian and I are always there for each other, though. Seeing my dad owns one of the richest, most poised country clubs in New York, he is pretty much always at the office. He always tries to spend as much time with us as possible spite our different schedules. Kevin is my gay best friend. He is funny, kind, and I've known him since Kindergarten. He is literally the perfect friend and everyone should have someone like him in their life. "I'm, I'm sorry sir. I'm new at this and I really need... and want... this job." I don't believe his bullcrap. "You want it, really?" I say with annoyance clearly in my voice. "Cause to me you seem like you couldn't care less." He looks at me, his eyes narrowing, but not mad, "Well you don't seem to fit the role either, sweetheart." I laugh at his remark, he clearly doesn't know me. "I'm sorry, last time I checked you were the employee. Therefore you serve me, not bore me. Got that? Good. Cause if you really want this job- then you won't piss me off." I'm very proud of my comeback. I had to put him in his place and I did. He needs to know where he stands before he gets too cocky. "Yes, princess." He says in a mocking way as he bows down to me, "Anything you ask of me." His voice mimicking a princes'. I smile at him. For some reason he is obnoxiously annoying in a cute way. "Enough with the flirting for today, Emily. We will leave you to him, Dad. Not very nice meeting you, whoever you are." He says as he turns me around to start walking the opposite direction. "My name is Luigi." He says from behind. My brother and I turn around. Brian looks at Luigi to let him know he heard, but then turns back around. "Emily and Brian." I call out to him. And he gives me one last smile before my brother pulls me to walk away.