Prologue

Treeview Park was in walking distance from my house, but I've only been twice in my life. I'm always too busy with either hockey practice or homework, but today was a PA day and since it's the start of a long weekend most of my friends are out of town or partying. I was invited to three of these parties, yet I declined, as usual. I'm the captain of the hockey team you'd expect me to be Mr. Social, but I'm not. I'm not entirely an introvert, but I definitely don't go out of my way to go to parties. I'd rather stay in my room all day and read, rather than go to a party and get highSo, since I'm not doing anything today I decided, "why not take a walk?" I enter the park and I'm almost run over by a cyclist who screams profanities at me, but I don't care because I am distracted by the sight of the most beautiful girl I have ever seen sitting on a park bench right in front of me, reading a book.

I walk over to the bench and sit down right beside her, which for me is brave. Like I said, part introvert. I see the book she is reading is called "The Fault In Our Stars", is that why there are little water stains peppering the pages and sliding down her cheeks? She hastily wipes the tears away, sniffles, then says "fuck."

I was a bit taken aback by her swearing, she looks like such a sweet and innocent girl. Well good girls are bad girls who haven't been caught, right? "Are  you alright?" I ask.

"Oh, damn sorry. This is awkward" the beautiful girl says.

"No, not at all. It's just because, you know, a beautiful girl is on a bench crying" I say, rambling.

"Oh give it a rest. I get it. You'll seem like a hero, and get laid. I understand boys. I have three brothers," she says with a tint of sass edging at her voice, she closes her book and looks at me like she wants more from me. Like she is challenging me to some verbal duel, she just went her turn, and now she is waiting for my comeback.

"That's not true," and before I come close my mouth I say, "I'm actually a virgin." I mentally stab myself in the face. I can't believe I just said that. The beautiful girl bursts into laughter. Wow her smile is amazing. She has long light brown hair and hazel green eyes. She's wearing a cable knit cardigan, black leggings and a band muscle tee. I think 'All Time Low'. Wow. Hot and great taste in music. She really must be an angel from above

When she finally stops laughing she says to me, "Thank you."

Momentarily confused I ask, "For what?"

"Well, for sharing that your a virgin," and then she smiles,"for making my day better. Thank you for that." Her smile is the type of smile that can make anything possible. Her smile is the type that can make birds speak English and can make falling in love an easy task. Her smile can make children stop crying the second they see it. This is when I knew, she was the one to change my life.