Chapter 4

Whats on your mind Ashok? Does he want to kill me or catch me alive? He won't torture me right? He might.          Hundreds of thoughts were running in my mind but one thing was clear.... RUN................

I backed away a little. Sensing this, Ashok  proceeded:

"Why did you do it Eva. Had you taken him in battlefield, I wouldn't feel so offended"

I was about to run when he grabbed me by hand.

"Not so fast Princess."

I caught my dagger and stab him in stomach.

"Guess what? I think otherwise."  With that I make a run for my life.

"Eva you bitch. catch her." He is screaming my name as his soldiers gather around him. I speed up. But where should I go? It's pouring harder now. There's no way I can beat them all in this open ground.

I see the porch in front of me as I run. It's still under construction. So, there's just this wall with some misaligned wooden planks waiting to  be removed. Without a second thought, I start climbing the wall. I see them doing the same thing as I reach the top.

Where to go... where to go... I think as I run over the wall. I climb on the roof of the shade designed for the royal family. From here I can jump towards the other side of the wall.  I get on the other wall and look down. It  has a ladder like structure. Easy. Now I'll       

"Argh" My feet slip from the wall as one soldier tries to hold me from going down. I make some failed attempts to catch the ladder by hand, but land the ground with a thud, splashing water all over . Thanks to the mud.. my ribs are in tact.....

They start gathering from the another wall in my front. Crap. Now I am trapped from both sides. Is this my end? I think as I struggle with my twisted ankle.

A SHOWER OF ARROWS APPROACHES ME AND I COVER MY FACE WITH HANDS. Here it goes Eva..

...1.....2......3.....4.....................................................10 seconds .................................

Huh? Nothing?

I am alive? I get up and look forward...  There's a man with his back at me, and his soldiers, shielding us from the arrows. I look back in shock. All of the Ashok's army is gone from the wall and these new soldiers come forward to deal with the rest.

When did they get here? Who are they?  My vision blurs with tiredness and rain as I watch them all fight. Sounds of swords meeting swords fill the air along with fading rain drops.  The last thing I see before I fall down........

One- two- three- four- five ...... Arrows come from the space and pierce directly the man in front of me. Ashok emerges from the crowd smirking profusely..

And its all dark.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to you if you are reading and liking my story.

I have definitely written a lot of further chapters, but wasn't getting any significant reads, so haven't published them. I think my story is probably not coming in the searches properly. So, comment if you are interested in further story and I'll update for sure. Thank you,  Stay tuned :)