Trapped

A/N

This is only the short version of another story that I plan to write (With the same title). I suggest if you want to read that than read the longer version of this first as this one is a major spoiler to it. But the longer version is not finished yet (nor has it been started) so you would have to wait awhile. Anyways Enjoy!

Camila POV

"Ahhhhhhhh..." I exclaimed. Where am I? What am I doing here? What's on my wrist?

I felt a weight on my wrist, a cold weight making a shiver go up my spine. I looked up and saw thick metal cuffs linked to chains that were bound to the concrete floor.

My eyes scanned the room looking for a way out but only seeing gutters, a speaker and a metal door. A moment later the speaker rang out "Subject: 311317514, Subject name: Camila Cabello, Supervising scientist: Lauren Jauregui..." Sharp pain echoed in my head at that name.

Flashback

"Camz are you ready?" Lauren asked with a hand on my shoulders and emerald green eyes piercing into my milk brown ones.

Her raven black hair falling over her shoulder contrasting to the snow-white lab coat. Explosions and loud booms could be seen and heard from the other side of the glass windows causing the whole building to shudder.

"Camz?" She repeated sounding worried. I nodded my head, reassuring her. She grabbed my arm and started running out from behind the corner pulling me along.

Half way down the hall a row of guards cladded in black and holding guns stopped us in our tracks. I looked back at Lauren who donned a smirk on her face.

The slow clapping of hands snapped back my attention to the hallway. Now there was a man standing in front of the guards. He was also dressed in a lab coat similar to Laurens but had a name tag attached to his front breast pocket that read Austin Mahone.

He looked around the same age as Lauren and I and had brown slicked back hair that looked like plastic. He started walking towards us. My face in complete shock as he said. "Ah, Lauren my dear, I'm glad you made the right decision. Now accompany me to my office we have a lot to discuss about our future association." He draped his arm over Lauren's shoulders.

"Oh, and guards take her to the lab." He added with a sinister look on his face.

"Goodbye Camila" Lauren simply stated showing no sign of emotion. The guards came up to me grabbing my arms pulling me away.

The initial shock gone as I kicked and flailed my arms struggling to get out of their grip. "Lauren, How could you? I Trusted you. Why?" I yelled tears streaming down my face as I was led off, away from the person that I had trusted with my life, Lauren.

Flashback Over

I laid back in the metal chair I sat upon, breathless. I was still lightly panting from the memory that arose even more questions in my mind when the metal door opened revealing a person fully dressed in white, holding a massive needle with green liquid swishing about inside.

She slowly walked closer. My body already kicking and struggling against the chains that were so obstinate in holding me down. I gave up as soon as she put the needle into my arm. She walked out a moment after she was done, leaving me with the feeling of liquid coursing through my body.

Ten minutes or so had passed and the pain had subsided a little bit. "Subject: Camila Cabello 311317514, Test:1 Of 100 starting in 10..." The machine-like voice sounded, startling me. "9...8...7...6...5..." It counted down, my nerves rising with each number, worrying what would happen at 1. "4...3...2" The voice continued as I closed my eyes in fear. I could make out a whirring noise coming from the wall. "...1" The speaker completed.

I waited in anticipation my eyes still closed when nothing happened I started to open my eyes only to instantly slam them shut at the cold on my toes.

It slowly rose to my ankles and I forced my eyes open. There was a blue liquid making its way up my shins. It was so cold it was agonizing.

What was there plan? To drown me? To freeze me? I gasped out in surprise and fear as it reached my neck. Soon it would travel above my head drowning me. As it made its presence at my chin known a siren blurted out.

The liquid draining back into the grates. I sighed in relief thankful that I'm still alive when the metal door swung open again revealing emerald green eyes. My hearts pace quickening. It started walking towards me, its movement so familiar. I could now make out its raven black hair against the darkness around us. I knew her. She knew me. It was Lauren.

With the shock leaving my body, I remembered what she did. She tricked me, betrayed me, she doesn't care about me so why was she here?

"What do you want?" I shouted at her.

"I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry Camz." She apologised with a hurt and remorseful look on her face. She walked closer reaching out with her.

"Get away from me!" I yelled. She didn't relent though but instead grabbed my shoulder forcing me to look her in those emerald green eyes.

"Camz listen..." At that the devastatingly familiar pain throbbed in my head again.

Flashback

"Camz listen..." Complained Lauren. I looked up form the hem of my shirt that I had been fidgeting with in between my fingers.

"I am listening" I Whined staring at her with a goofy smile on my face.

"I know you weren't so I'm going to repeat it" She said rolling her eyes. I stayed quiet with a guilty look plastered on my face confirming her suspicions.

"Ugh...So we know that Austin is looking for you." She said silently asking for confirmation. I nodded my head and she continued "Ok well the plan is that I'm going to let Austin 'Capture me'" She explained using air quotes. "Then he will tell me to deliver you to him but with a catch" She said.

"That you want in on that project thingy, Right?" I finished for her.

"Right. Then I'll lead you to him and he gets to do his project thingy... with you" She hesitantly completed almost murmuring the last sentence. "You know what I don't like that plan anymore" she complained before I could interject.

"Lauren I'll be fine. Plus, how else are we going to get the information we need? It's me or thousands." I reassured her.

"Fine" She muttered but it was still evident that she hated the idea.

"Lauren don't be like this. We have to do this." I stated matter-of-factly. "I know, I just won't be able to forgive myself if something happened to you Camz" She replied sadly.

I reached behind her neck and gave her a quick peck on her lips then whispering in her ear "I'll always be here".

Flashback over

I opened my tear-filled eyes. "Lauren, what's going on? What happened to me? Why does everything hurt?" I questioned looking into her emerald green eyes with the look of a lost puppy.

"I can't answer that right now Camz, we need to go" She explained. I couldn't take it anymore, I collapsed into her arms bursting into tears. She pulled me in closer soothing me with a hug and whispering into my ear "You're safe now Camz" and then she kissed me, her soft lips gently capturing mine and I kissed her back.

I don't know why but it felt so familiar and I liked it really, really liked it. She pulled back and stared into my brown eyes still glazed over with tears.

"I love you and I'll get you out of here. I'll be by your side until you get your memory back, until you realise that you love me too and then I'll stay there by your side for the rest of your life because this time I won't hesitate to say it, I love you Camz" She pulled me against her body again. I had no idea what she was rambling on about, but I don't think I would mind her being by my side for the rest of my life.