Foreign Cowboy

Foreign Cowboy

Main Characters:

            Aline: On the contrary to her career, she is in fact innocent despite her many flirtations, she has an infatuation over one man, a drunkard that is low on the scale of society and disregarded as a man of low respect. She has never been intimate until she falls in love with a Thai fellow, Khemkaeng, who is in search of his white father. She is secretly good at the sport of gunmanship and does poorly in regular every-day woman things. She is polite, friendly and beautiful. She remains loyal to her father making a few great sacrifices for him, including taking on a job that pays well. She adores her deceased mother, thinking of her fondly. She is a head-strong, tomboyish, adventurous and fun-loving as well as passionate young woman in her early twenties but some might say she acts and seems younger.

Career: Saloon girl later becomes a well-published author

            Khem: The main character; a foreigner from Thailand in search of his white-Texan father who left when him and his younger brother were boys, he comes to the New Land known as America. He faces much ridicule and many insults but overcomes them. He meets up with and makes two good friends after his arrival to this place unknown to him. Without him, though, this story would not be as ridiculous or funny, as his personality is calm but playful. He is loyal to his friends despite his harsh, honest scrutinizing of them at times as he is overly straight to the point. He is a kick-boxer back in his home country taught by his two uncles, a younger one who dies of an incurable illness and an older less favored one by his mother and himself. He has brute strength; he is logical and brainy with a lack of common sense, handsome and relaxed but passionate and emotional as well as persistent, dedicated and persevering.

Career: Only dresses like a cowboy, has none so far, though could qualify as a banker.

Cline Van: Father of Khem, he calls home in Texas. He left his family after his oldest son was twelve because he wanted to make a better life for them so that they could live comfortably in Texas without all the ridiculous racism and criticism of others and so that they could be wealthy there and happy. He is a gunman who works for the government as an assassin. He secretly provides some safety for his son after he finds out he is in the New Land in search of him, avoiding being discovered by him as he feels it’s not the right time yet even then. Despite his serious front and his ability to crack-down on his goals and hide from his family, his own son has taken after his laid-back personality and humorous out-look on life rooting from himself being a jokester. He has a number of friends as he is actually very outgoing and charismatic.

Career: Gunman/assassin

Chapter 1- Alines Love