Jim x Melody

"Hey! Jim!"

Jim Hawkins smiled when he glanced out the window of his bedroom to see his two best friends & fellow solar surfers, Flynn Rider & Aladdin, waiting for him at the door to the Benbow Inn. They had heard Jim was on summer break from the interstellar academy and had made him promise to hang out with them as much as possible.

"I'll be right down guys!" He called before grabbing his jacket and rushing out the door.

"So how's the academy life been treating ya?" Flynn asked as they parked their solar surfers at the top of the hill above the park, a large, flat expanse of land with built-in obstacles that had been turned into a designated haven for surfers about a month after his adventures in space (thanks in part to a certain feline captain).

"It's pretty cool. This year was all about nautical terms, thankfully next year I'll be learning engineering & navigation."

"Sounds boring." Jim rolled his eyes at Flynn's flippant remark.

"Rapunzel also said to tell Eugene she says hi." He smirked & heard Aladdin snicker as an annoyed blush lit up Flynn's face. Rapunzel was a fellow student at the academy who was studying to be a nurse, and the childhood-friend-turned-girlfriend of Flynn Rider, a.k.a. Eugene Fitzherbert.

She was also the only one he allowed to call him by his real name, and Aladdin & Jim never failed to tease him about having such a soft spot for his girlfriend.

"Hi boys!" They turned to see Al's childhood friend & adoptive sister, Esmeralda, along with their friends Kida & Megara (or "Meg" for short) pull up on their own solar surfers.

Aladdin had been a self-proclaimed "street rat" for a while after running away from the strict foster home he'd been placed in after his mother died. Esmeralda's family had taken him in after he saved her from being arrested for a crime she didn't commit, which unfortunately was a common occurrence since her family didn't exactly have the nicest reputation on Montresser.

Kida was a native from the island city of Atlantia, who's family had moved into the area about three years before Jim's adventure to Treasure Planet. With her blue eyes, tan skin, snow-white hair, and multiple blue-inked tribal tattoos that practically glowed across her arms, shoulders, legs and even her face, she was an exotic beauty that never failed to make heads turn wherever she went.

The fact that she was also as much of a daredevil with a solar surfer as Jim had quickly made her one of the more respected members of their little ragtag group of friends.

Meg was a tall girl with pale skin, long red hair, violet eyes & a devil may care attitude that had been friends with Jim ever since they ended up in detention together for playing hooky from school. Meg had been caught smoking outside on the premises while Jim had failed to outrun the truancy officer on his surfer (he still swears to this day that tree came out of nowhere).

"Hey Esme, who's this?"

Jim turned to look and noticed that there was another girl with them that he'd never seen before. She looked to be not much younger than him, with pale skin, green eyes, and long black hair tied back into a low ponytail.

"Oh, sorry! This is Melody. Melody, this is Flynn, Aladdin, and Jim." The girl waved to them with a shy smile. "Nice to meet you all."

"So Melody, can you actually ride that thing, or is it just for show?" Everyone rolled their eyes as Flynn asked the same question he asked every new surfer he met, to which Melody raised an eyebrow. "I bet I can ride better than you can with that old hunk of junk!"

Everyone laughed as Flynn made an offended noise while placing a hand on his chest. "Oh really now?! Well, only one way to find out!"

"Are you challenging me?"