My Night With Dee Dee Ramone

Today is July 10th 1977. The day I start writing my first novel. I've always loved writing. There's just something indescribably beautiful about being able to put words together and create an entire story from scratch.

Anyway, I'm going to write a romance novel. As I stand before my bedroom mirror, brushing my long, straight, dark brown hair and stare into my pale blue eyes, which are filled with doubt. I try to think of something, anything, else, but I keep asking myself the same question.

"How the hell are you supposed to write a steamy romance novel, when you're a twenty-two-year-old virgin?"

Once I'm ready, I gather my belongings and then I'm off. I'm headed to the public library. One of my favorite romance authors has always been Jane Austen. I'm going to check out a couple of her books.

Here I am, at the library. I've already found the books I came to check out. However, if I'm being completely honest, I may also be looking for a little inspiration in the form of a cute guy. Someone who will really turn the readers on. Oh, who am I kidding? Someone who will really turn me on!

So far, the men here are average looking at best. Except for the man speaking with the librarian. I can't stop staring at him, he's unbelievably attractive. He has dark brown hair and big gorgeous brown eyes. And his cheekbones, oh my god his cheekbones! He's tall, thin and slightly muscular. The librarian points him in the direction of the restroom.

The man walks past me on his way to the facilities. When I get a better look at him, I notice it's Dee Dee Ramone, of the punk band, the Ramones.

I take a seat at the nearby desk and begin to flip through the pages of one of my books. I've not gotten through more than a few sentences, when I see him, again. He walks right past me. This time, he's so close, I feel a gust of wind as he walks by. I get up and start to collect my items, as it's time for me to head back home, now.

When I stand up, I clumsily knock over all of my books. As I start to pick up the books that I have dropped, Dee Dee stops me, and picks them up for me, he has a breathtaking smile on his face, as he does this.

Standing back up, Dee Dee hands the books to me, with a smile and a flirtatious wink. God, he's even cuter up close! I instantly feel my cheeks turn bright red, I try to look down at the ground and remain looking at the ground, but then I hear his voice and I raise my eyes to meet his.

"Here are your books." He smiles.

I try not to smile back, but his gorgeous brown eyes are irresistible. The longer I stare at him, the more I can picture him taking me in his strong arms, and placing his smooth lips on mine. I've now become aware of just how awkward I've made things, by not grabbing the books, when he first attempted to hand them to me.

"Thank you." I smile shyly, taking the books and attempting to head for the exit.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, I turn around and it's him. How much more can I possibly embarrass myself in one day?

"Hi." Dee Dee says handing me a flyer.

"Hi." I reply nervously, as I study the flyer.

"My band is playing at CBGB tonight. You should really come. By the way, I'm Dee Dee."

"I know who you are. You guys made CBGB famous. I'm Carrie." I say, as I nervously fix my hair.

"You have a beautiful name, Carrie." Dee Dee says, taking my hand and softly kissing it.

"Thank you." I blush.

"See you at the show."

I'm back home now. I've already read the first five chapters of Pride and Prejudice. I'm now sitting in front of my typewriter, staring at a blank sheet of paper. How can I write, when all I can think of is Dee Dee? The more I think about him, the more difficult it becomes to concentrate.