Tears of Hatred

I hate her, I really really hate her to the bones and I couldn't take it off my head after the fights we had for the past years. All the lies that came out of her mouth made me drift away from her. It is so unfortunate for me to be her daughter. I used to be an innocent kind girl, but everything changed when the secrets she had kept, were revealed eventually.

I never went back to my true self and didn't notice that I was already being disrespectful and talking back to everything she'd say. Our everyday fights seemed like part of our daily routine, especially when she decided to work abroad, far away from me, and take care of other people's children instead of her own daughter. The day she left me and made me feel abandoned added depression and hatred in my heart.

Days turned to months, months turned to years, and she came back. I didn't know if I'd hug her or ignore her. I didn't know if I had missed my mother or despised her. Even though she decided to stay in the country for her work, the times she avoided me instead of apologizing, made me do the latter.

 Even though she decided to stay in the country for her work, the times she avoided me instead of apologizing, made me do the latter

The word rebellion wasn't in my vocabulary until she turned her back on me and neglected my why's. I couldn't help myself anymore and told her that I knew the truth about my father. Taunting her wasn't a good idea but my emotions were just overflowing. She made me believe that my uncle was my father and kept me the truth about my biological father's death. 

I told her that I knew how my Dad had a heart attack after she was caught being with someone else, the father of my half-brother. She stared at me and asked who told me that, but I refused to answer, and she walked away without any explanation. I was left dumbfounded, and that pushed me to avoid her more than ever.

 I was left dumbfounded, and that pushed me to avoid her more than ever

From that time on, we never had breakfast together. I woke up early to avoid seeing her and come home late so that she's already asleep when I arrived. But one day, the aroma of ginger tea welcomed me as I entered the house and saw my mother clutching her belly as she sat on the couch. I shrugged the thought of the possibility of having a baby sibling. Every day, she looked pale and tired, but her drama didn't affect me at all. And she'd also lock her room all the time, which is so unusual and peculiar.

The following day, I heard her slam the gate loudly and she arrived with a large bruise on her arm. Her carelessness didn't concern me and I went straight to bed that night. But something incredibly unexpected happened the next morning when my mind got so curious about her odd actions and changes those days.