Chapter 1: Portia

There is life else where. How do I know? I have met the real martian man. The man who is from another planet. We all think that life is just here, on earth but I was proven it was all just believed a rumor.

The night was clear and the moon shining bright, no cloud to be seen. A shooting star came flashing through the sky at hyper speed. Falling faster and closer to the planet, crashing towards the ground, it crashed and destroyed trees causing a crater. Smoke was coming from the object. The star turned out to be something entirely different. The star had foreign machinery; a ship, UFO. The ship was unfamiliar and beaten badly. The ship's lights were on as it makes noise seeming as if it's inactive then a crack was heard the inactive ship was now activated.

School was in progress. Kids were in class as they had their heads into their books. The bell finally rings as people begin to put away their supplies. "Now remember class the finals are next week." The teacher says as the students began to leave his class. "wow class was super boring" Nash stated to Portia "Really?" She asks him "I didn't think it was that bad." He laughs, "of course you didn't, Tia seeing you love reading and nerd things." Portia got alittle offended. "What makes you think reading is something only nerds do?" She continues, "Explains why you're so stupid." Nash Looks at Portia, "Very funny." She smiles as if she has accomplished something. "I'm just saying, Nash, you're not very bright." Nash looks at her as if she's annoying. "Tia, you're a bully." She laughs. "Yes but you love me." Nash doesn't say anything; instead walks away. Portia smiles as she watches him walk away.

Portia walks towards her next class. "Good morning Miss. Ulman!" Portia smiles at her teacher, "hello Sir." "Any plans for the weekend?" "none so far, sir. Just school, studies and hopefully sleep." she jokes with him as he chuckles and smiles from her light joke. "Don't stress yourself too much Ulman. You always get the finest grades in the school." She smiles, feeling proud of her accomplishments. "Ah yes another thing. There's going to be a Foreign exchange student joining us eventually. The principal stated only that the student is from Australia. Never had a student from that far a place before, it'll be interesting." Portia seemed a little suspicious of the fact an Australian would come to a cold and gloomy looking county such as the one she lives in. "Miss. Portia? Is everything okay?" Portia smiles, "of course sir, never been better" she then goes and sits in her seat listening to the lectures and what the teacher was talking about until the bell rang, dismissing them from class.

Portia kept thinking about the suspicious student and the endless possibilities why they would move into her county. "Tia baby!" Portia looks over her shoulder seeing Katherine. "Tia baby girl you are looking absolutely fabulous as always!" Portia smiles at her friend, "like I wish I was as beautiful as you! Why are you so pretty and talented" Portia cuts her off "What do you need, Kat?" Katherine looked offended, "how could you say that?" she puts her hand on her chest "can I not just be honest to my lovely, gorgeous, beautiful, talented and smart." she stops as she glances at Portia who is pressuring her to spill by a simple look. "Okay, fine! I need help with some homework. Can you please help a girl out?" Portia is still looking at her now raising a brow, "and there's this party I really want to go to." Kat looks down in shame not telling her the full truth. "You should start taking school more seriously." Kat rolls her eyes "yeah, yeah. So will you help?" Portia smiles, "okay, but only this one time." Kat smiles brightly, "great, Love you Tia. See you later!" Kat walks away.

Portia walks through the door. "Tia, you're late!" Portia glares "sorry, my brother was supposed to give me a ride but he bailed on me." Nash was playing in the kitchen tossing fruit in the air "Right, sorry forgot I was supposed to take you home today." Portia continues to glare, "sure you did."

Portia walks up to her room as she puts her bag on her floor she hears a car slamming and looks to see what it is. When she looks out her window she looks through the thin bushes showing a moving van as well as people walking around "guess we got new neighbors" she says to herself. She watches to see who her new neighbors are. In the moving van was what looked like a kid playing with a foreign, strange object. "hm?" Portia hums in curiosity. He looks up by Portia's window as Portia panics and hides. "what? How would he have- no he couldn't have known, that's physically impossible!" Portia processes the possibilities as of why he looked in her direction. When she looked back out he was gone the workers helping bring in the things from the moving van. "That's the last of it!" she heard one of the workers say. A lady who looked in her late twenties shook the worker's hand thanking them and then watched as the moving van left the house. The lady looked over by the bushes near Portia's house then went inside with the last small box.
"Nash!" portia calls out for him "what?" he calls back, Portia heading down the stairs, "did you know about the new neighbors?" Nash looked at her blank faced, "yeah, mom mentioned something like that to dad. Why? Did you see them?" Nash says as he plays with a baseball lazily laying on his bed. Portia nods her head "yeah, they seem kinda." Nash looks at her to press forward on what she is trying to say, "odd..." Nash pays attention to his ball again. "No, Nash I was watching and they saw me. They knew I was looking at them, that's odd!" Nash stops then continues, "only thing odd is you spying on a couple of strangers." Portia begins to get agitated. "see for yourself. They're odd!"   Nash rolls his eyes and gets up off from his bed following Portia to her room and to her window. "see?" Portia says expecting him to agree, hoping they'd look at him as he looked at them, but nothing. "No I don't see anything but a house with no one outside." Nash replies. Portia was confused looking out the window for herself seeing he was right. "They must have went inside when I left." Portia stated to him. "Okay so there you have it. Normal neighbors with no super senses because that isn't real. Stop reading those books about Super humans. They're getting to your head" Nash lectures her although Portia didn't pay much attention. She's the smartest student in the school; highest scores and Nash is below average so why would she listen to him?
"Yeah sure thing, Nash." Nash just rolls his eyes and leaves with a short scoff. "Get you feel you're the smartest fish in the pond but you're not; so start treating others like they have potential too." Portia doesnt say anything as she's not interested in what a below average kid has to say.  Portia Ulman, the smartest kid in school!