When it Rains

((Tw for panic attacks))

Kaladin's keys jingle as he digs them from his jogger shorts pocket--tossing them up in the air and catching them deftly before they could fall to the ground. The rain outside pelts down like hail upon the roof of the apartment complex and nearly blinding lightning flashes outside a window, catching the dark-eyed man's gaze.

Kaladin slows his pace and turns to the pane, placing his free hand and forehead against the refreshingly cool glass with a heavy exhale of of breath.

Being a personal trainer was absolutetly draining. Emotionally and physically. It wasn't that he didn't like the man, Kaladin admired Moash's stamina and persistence in getting back into shape. He remembered the day Moash had emailed him clearly.

The day itself had been going quite horribly, his boyfriend--Adolin--had gotten stuck in heavy traffic on the way back to Kaladin's former apartment and said apartment's power had cut off hours ago. Kaladin had been sitting on his couch, wrapped in every blanket in the apartment, on his laptop's last hour of battery. Watching Rick and Morty on YouTube had seemed like the best option he had. The message came in when a new episode had just started, the tell-tale ding just audible over the intro music.

Moash had sent the email to Kaladin--remembering him from when they went to high school together--in hopes of getting his life back on track. Moash was an orphan who's only companion had been his brother. He'd typed that the last time he'd seen his brother had been over a year ago and with no one that cared enough to interfere, he'd quit his job and turned to eating his feelings.  The man had let his once-perfect physique slip away until he was roughly four-hundred pounds.

Fourtunately, Moash and his brother had savings stored up, but when that had started running out, he relized he needed help.

They had made truly signifigant progress in the past six months and Kaladin had never been prouder of someone he worked with. But the slimmer Moash's waist became, the wider his ambitions became, pushing himself for hours upon hours until Kaladin forced him to go home and get some rest.

For the past few weeks every day Moash had asked for Kaladin's presence and it really was starting to take its toll on him. Adolin had suggested to tell Moash that taking a day of relaxation would do wonders, Kaladin knew that Moash wouldn't accept that. Especially not now. Not when he was finally getting somewhere. . . .

Yes. Kaladin had passed Adolin's suggestion on, despite knowing that the man would refuse. The dark-haired man had been pushed to his limit and took the route that personal trainers viewed as lazy, and instructed Moash to go for a run every day for the next month and take the extra time to look for a job.

The pay for Moash's sessions were not nearly enough for the hours of dedication that Kaladin had been putting in and he had decided to stop feeling sorry for the man who wasn't even overweight anymore. Putting his mind's power to other things, like organizing the schedule of all the people he worked with, and settling on a fee per hour, and spending time with his neglected boyfriend. Yes. This was for the best. For the both of them.

Enough thinking about work. Kaladin pulls his flushed forehead away from the refreshingly chilled glass and resumes his pace down the hall. His gym shoes scuff against the hard wood as he turns a corner and stopps in front of his door.

Kaladin yawns, fitting his key into the keyhole and giving it a sharp turn, the door glides open. Blowing a strand of rain-soaked hair that had fallen from his messy tail aside he shut and locked the door. Kicking his shoes aside, and dropping his keys on the counter, a glance at the stove's digital clock confirmed that he had made the right call in restricting Moash's training hours--it was far too late for this bullshit.