one

What a life I was living.

I sat up in my dorm room and looked over at my best friend asleep in her bed. It was 9:23 in the morning, and this was going to be an incredible day.

See, our boyfriends were coming into town tonight and we were about to die to see them.

Christina and I met at a Youtube Creators event a few years ago, clicked instantly, and quickly became friends. My brother had been interning at a company that was sponsoring the event and got to take me along as his guest. I met Christina, discovered we were both from Long Island, exchanged Twitters, and we’ve talked pretty much all day every day since.

And now we’re roommates in our freshman year at FIT.

Through Christina, I met my current boyfriend, Jack. Jack and Christina’s boyfriend Corbyn were in an up-and-coming band together.

Now, Jack will tell you it was love at first sight. And for him it might have been.

But the first time I met the boy, he shot me with a Nerf gun, so I wanted to punch him in the throat.

I honestly don’t know when I fell in love with him. It just kind of gradually happened. One minute I wanted to break his nose, the next we were making out on the couch backstage at one of their shows.

Christina, of course, swears she set us up and always knew we’d fall in love…

Christina is also full of shit.

But here we are, ten months later, and a boy named Jack is the love of my life.

I smiled as I picked up my phone and saw the good morning text from my love, followed by another saying ‘I can’t wait to see you tonight.”

I was getting anxious and didn’t want to wake up Christina, so I headed to the bathroom and took a shower, did my hair and makeup. By the time I was done it was almost 11, and Christina was still asleep.

“CHRISTINA MARIE WAKE THE HELL UP!” I screamed, jumping on her bed.

“Ughhh I’m up damn it, I’m up.”

“THE BOYS ARE GONNA BE HERE TODAY!”

She giggled sleepily. “Yes, I know. But their flight doesn’t even come in until 3:30.”

“Well I want to be prepared.”

“All you gotta do is shave your good girl and put some perfume on.”

“CHRISTINA!” I screeched. She always liked to poke fun at the fact Jack and I hadn’t had sex yet. Honestly, I hadn’t had sex with anyone at all.

She laughed. “I’m just saying…”

“Mhm.”

Christina and I spent the rest of the afternoon hopping around and acting stupid in excitement. Thank goodness the day went by quickly, and before we knew it we were standing the airport, waiting for the doors to open.

I heard my curly haired love before I saw him, and in a blur I was in his arms.

“Jack!” I squealed.

“I. Have. Missed. You. So. Much!” he said between kisses.

“I missed you more,” I replied, melting into him.

“Not possible.”

We eventually separated so I could greet Corbyn and the rest of the guys. But as soon as hellos had been exchanged, Jack and I were right back together.

And we stayed that way the entire night.

All I have to say is Christina was right… it’s a good thing I shaved.