Airplanes are not so bad

"What?! Texas?!"

i asked in disbelieve.

"i dont need a stupid therapist mom! i just need you. to. leave. me. alone.!"

"its not up to you mackenzie im responsible for you so as an right now you dont have a choice and im doing this for you!" she yelled at me. i would love to say i hate to see my mom cry but I'm pretty used to it by now.

" since when do u care about me? you're never home, you never listen to what i have to say, you never ask me if I'm feeling okay mom! not even once! so why bother now huh? dont you think its too late for that? im gonna end up just like him!" she stood up from the chair she was sitting on, i didnt have time to relize what she was doing until she collapsed her hand with my cheek leaving a red mark.

" Dont ever mention him again! do you understand?"

" Does it even matter if i understand mom?" i asked in a low voice not giving her time to respond because i started walking towards my room slamming the door behind me.

***

" im gonna miss you" my mom said crying. she was dropping me off at the airport.

"im sure you will" i said rolling my eyes.

" promise you will call me every day after therapy"

i looked up at her with the are-you-serious face." so first you don't pay attention to me for about 2 years then you send me to Texas, and now you act like if you actually care about me?"

she looked down at her shoes for a moment before turning around and leaving the airport without saying another word.

i seriously don't get her, i don't get my life, i don't get me. i am such and idiot, why am i following his steps? why?! why cant i be like before? can i get better? am i gonna be like this for the rest of my life?

im only 16 years old and i already screw up my entire life, so why bother and TRY to fix it ? why waste time? why not die now?...

a voice in the airport speaker snapped me out of my thoughts saying that it was time for me to get in the airplane and head to El Paso Tx. yeah thats right out of all of the cities out there my mother chose El Paso.

i started walking towards the door whipping off the water coming from my eyes (a.k.a tears) when i bump into someone without looking up to see his face i said "sorry" and started to walk again.

i got in the airplane now i'm looking for my sit. i hate airports and airplanes because i have this problem with human beings... i'm not very social but i know how to talk to a guy.

after finding my sit i took out my iPod and started listening to music resting my head on the window with my eyes closed. i started singing in my head while listening to Ed Sheeran.

they say shes in the class A team stuck in her daydream been this way since 18 but lately...

"nice voice... do you take singing lessons or something?"

please tell me i wasnt singing out loud please please...

i slowly opened my eyes to find this really cute guy staring at me with a smirk in his face. my face turn into a tomato. i just stare at him for a few seconds before i started laughing.

" am sorry was i singing out loud?"

"oh no you weren't" he's face was serious.

" i wasn't?" confusion revealed in my tone.

"you'll see... i can read minds. i have this superpower you know, i can tell you what each person in this airplane is thinking right now?"

is he trying to be funny or something because he's if he is he's failing right now.

"interesting... you know? i also have a super power" i said with an amused expression.

"would you like to share?"

Airplanes are not so bad after all.