Chapter 1

All that could be heard was the sound of her owl landing on her windowsill.

I woke up to find my owl, Eclipse, sitting on my windowsill with a letter tied to her leg. I quickly untied the letter from around her leg and inspected the letter, it was in a envelope made of beige parchment and had a bold red sticker on the back holding the envelope closed. In bold letters it read,

Ms. Kali Bethell
32 Arring St.
Fingles, Hogsmeade.

I slowly and carefully opened the envelope, scared to tear the letter inside. As I pulled out the letter I slowly started to smile, this must be from Hogwarts! I unfolded the letter and started to read it, it read...

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Bethell,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term beings 1 September. We await your owl no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmaster

I decided that I would look at the list later and ran downstairs to tell my mom the great new. My mother has been telling me stories about her time at Hogwarts since I was just a baby, now it's my turn to make my own amazing Hogwarts memories.

"Mom, guess what?" I asked excitedly.

She didn't say anything and just looked straight at the letter in my hand. All I could hear was her mutering the word "no" over and over again. I frowned and want back up to my room, I guess she isn't excited for me to go to Hogwarts. As i sat down on my bed I looked over at Eclipse and started to write a letter to Hogwarts to tell them that I would be attending Hogwarts when summer ends. I tied the letter to Eclipse's leg and said, "Take this straight to Professor Dumbledore please." I watched as Eclipse flew out of my view and in the direction of Hogwarts.

I changed into a black crop top with long sleeves and the words 'Kindness is Key' written on it. Then I pulled on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and black converse. I curled my hair and put on a black choker. Once I was finished getting dressed I grabbed my leather bag and rushed out of the house to go see my bestfriends Remus Lupin and Sirius Black. They were one year older then me and they were known as 'The Marauders'. As I was heading to the park I saw a small abandoned grey kitten and another kitten that was white with large grey patches. I picked the kittens up and decided that I would take them in and I could take them to Hogwarts with me when summer ends.

I was thinking of what their names should be when I bumped into someone. Instead of looking up I just kept on walking until the person grabbed me arm, making me almost drop one of the kittens. I looked up at the person and realized it was Remus. "Oh hey, sorry for bumping into you I wasn't paying attention", I said. He chuckled and gently took the grey kitten out of my hands.

I smiled and continued to walk to the park with Remus. “So why isn’t Sirius with you?” I asked Remus. He looked down at me and said, “You were running late so I left him at the park and came to look for you, he tried to follow me like the lost puppy he is, literally.” I laughed and told him excitedly that I had recieved my Hogwarts letter.

Words - 637