》Chapter 19 ➹ they're gone

The Institute was a mess of nervousness, loud chattering, and people running up and down the hall. I spotted a blonde head slowly sliding down on the floor, I ran to her and kneeled down.

    《Emma, what's wrong??》I panicked at her hysterical sobs.《Emma please talk to me!》

    《T-They're gone. H-He- t-took them》she cried.

    《Who's gone?? What are you talking about??》

    《J-Jules and- A-Alec. T-The Angels t-took t-them-》

        I felt my heart drop, a strong urge to cry and break everything around us. How could that happen?! Where the hell was the security in that Hell of a place?!

    《Get up》I demanded coldly, my voice cracking.

    《W-what-》

    《I said get up》

        I offered my hands for her to hold and carefully pulled her up on her feet. I then grabbed her arm and carried her to the training room. Isabelle and Jace ran after us right away.

    《Rachél》Isabelle called softly as I punched the punching bag so hard it almost fell.

        I threw another punch, and another one, and another one, trying to relieve the pain. My vision was black as I kept punching the bag hardly, my hands bleeding.

    《Rach》Jace softly whispered as he suddenly grabbed me tight and pulled me against his chest.

    《Jace let me go!》I tried to break free, throwing kicks in the air. Emma's red puffy eyes were now wide, confused, broken.《JOHNATAN LET GO OF ME!》

    《Everything will be okay. Magnus is after them with Lucifer right now》Jace whispered.

        I kneeled down and used all of my strength to make Jace flip over my shoulder. He landed on his back and sighed exhausted.

    《MAGNUS IS WHAT?!》I panicked with wide eyes.

    《Rach, he knows what he's doing. He can take care of hims-》

    《Really, Izzy?? Cause last time I checked, he was ABOUT TO FREAKING DIE ON ME》

    《S-She's right. We have to go get them》Emma said with a broken low tone.

    《Are you two crazy??》Isabelle lectured us.

    《This is all my fault, Izzy. MY FAULT. The Angels want me and that stupid book so guess what?? I'm going to give them what they want so I can have your brother and Julian back》

    《Any of this is your fault》Jace crossed his arms with a mad expression.

    《Says the guy who had been kidnapped because of me》I snapped. He exchanged looks with Isabelle, before returning his sight on me and Emma.

    《I want to go. Julian is my parabatai, if something happens to him I-》Emma brusted into tears again.

    《Absolutely not》Jace demanded in an authority tone.《You're being blinded by your feelings for them. Both of you》he moved his sight on me.

    《Like you haven't done that everyday since Clary appeared. Let's be honest here, Jace, aren't you crazy worried about your freaking parabatai??》

    《I am, obviously. Just-》

    《That's what I thought》I scoffed,《Emma, get ready. We're leaving》