Homecoming

Sans's POV

Snow clouded my vision as I trudged down the street of the well-lit Snowdin town, as usual filled with warmth and light despite the cold and harsh nature of these frozen sections of the underground. The road was narrow and hard to see, due to much heavier snowfall than had been expected for years prior, and years to come. My gloved left hand was raised in the air, engulfed in a fiery aura of blue magic. My bags levitated behind me, exhibiting the same blue glow as my extended hand. I wouldn't have to deal with this weather if- I glanced over my right shoulder at the skeleton behind me, who was carrying his own belongings in a small sack he was gripping tight in his shivering hand. His single golden fang was the only clear sight I could really see, the metallic gold reflecting the lights hanging from the homes littering Snowdin surprisingly well. I felt a slight tugging at my ribcage, pulling me closer to him, despite him being behind me, and trying to move forward to get home. I took several large steps back, before I finally reached him. Fell looked straight at me, and his gloomy expression shifted to one of warmth and relief. "C'mon, you sure you don't want me to carry that?" I questioned one last time. I knew he had told me several times he wanted to carry his own bag, but I couldn't help myself. "Cause tibia honest Red, I don't really think I should be puttin' all this work up to ya." I continued. He just sighed and glanced off into the distance, and the corners of his mouth twisted his expression into a slight frown. His grip on that tiny sack seemed to tighten ever so slightly, causing his already-white knuckles to become even paler. "No th-thanks..." he eventually stuttered out. I nodded and continued walking towards our destination, being careful not to let Fell out of my sight or range, so I could stay as close to him as possible. I know he wants to carry it himself, but couldn't he at least use his magic? We could get home a lot quicker...

Fell's POV

I walked silently alongside Sans, with every step my slippers dampening with the freezing snow. The cold moisture seeped through easily, and I could feel every drop of it through the large holes in my old socks. I gripped my decayed satchel close to my chest, too afraid to let it go. Even though I wanted to place my hands within the pockets of my thick, black jacket so badly, I couldn't let go if it, even for a second. My entire body was trembling with cold, but I felt as though I mustn't show an inch of it. He'd told me so many times already that "You can tell me anything," or, "If you're hurting, please tell me," but I just couldn't bring myself to make him aware of my discomfort. I began to notice the slight scent of something warm and fresh, snapping me out of my self-pity induced inner monologue. It smelled slightly sweet, but it still had a tangy kick to it. I noticed Sans look over at me, with a large grin on his face, and his cheekbones tinted a soft blue color. "We're almost home, Red!" He exclaimed, as he continued to fine-tune his steps to match mine. I smiled and nodded, before I noticed him chuckling slightly, with his eyelights directed towards the corner of my mouth. I looked at him, puzzled, before I raised my index finger and wiped it along where he was staring. With my finger came a trail of my own saliva, and I suddenly realized I'd been drooling all over myself like an idiot. My face warmed and I started to laugh, finally lightening up the dreary mood in an instant. I could almost feel the warmth from his smile as he looked at me so lovingly, I could tell my face must've turned several shades redder. He moved himself closer to me, and I looked down at him. It's still hard to believe I'm only a couple inches taller than him... He snapped his focus to a blurred outline of a large, wooden home in the distance, the bright multicolored lights adorning the walls shining through and reflecting off of the thick layers of icy blue slush. "This is-" I paused for a brief moment, "your home?" "No." He replied quietly. "It's ours now."

Sans's POV

When we finally reached my well-lit porch, I had to stop for a moment and stretch. Not using my shortcuts was tiring for me. That just goes to show how lazy I really am! I glanced behind me at Red, waiting for him to step up there with him. However, the fanged skeleton's stride faltered, just before he could reach the steps. He stood there, looking down at his soaking wet toes, his face mostly hidden from me. Concerned, I took a step back and turned towards him. I noticed he had begun to sweat, the drops almost appearing to frost over on his forehead in this below-freezing weather. I released the bags from my magical grip, and I stepped a bit closer. When I did, I noticed him trembling. It didn't seem to be from the cold however, just fear. I know it is, I cam feel it in my bones. "What's the matter, Red?" I inquired in a calm and soothing tone of voice, trying to relax him as much as I could. If I could just get him inside, I could help him settle down. He pulled his fur-rimmed hood over his skull when I had approached him. I reached my hand out to him, and he took my hand. His felt shaky and slick with a freezing sweat. I sighed and gently nudged him a bit closer, while gently rubbing my gloved finger over his bare hands.