Apocalypse

In 1953, a certain laboratory on an undisclosed location developed a serum that could genetically modify humans, giving them enhanced speed, agility, strength, and brain power.  Scientists found a way to modify the serum such that it could only activate itself in the presence of a Y chromosome, thus isolating the effects to men, mostly because of female discrimination at the time.  The serum was a success, and sales skyrocketed just a few weeks after its release.  What the developers did not anticipate, though, was the human body's incapacity to handle the serum.  The mental and physical over-exhaustion triggered a mental decay, which starts out slow, but speeds up exponentially within a few months after usage of the serum.  The brains of the users are left with only the most basic survival reflexes, transforming the users into strong, fast, agile, emotionless human shells, devouring any mobile life form in their path.  Bites from the affected individuals could place copies of the rouge serum into the bodies of the bitten, giving them the symptoms. Shortly after, the serum evolved into a genetic virus, causing mental decay in just days.  No one was safe... no one... except the women.