UNO

I know I had to do it. I had this big feeling in my gut that this was important. Someone once said that if you don't stand up, you can't pass on your story, but others will do it for you, and that is not how it's done. So here I am telling mine. Telling all of you how it all really went down.

 Que empiece el espectáculo.

It was Ms.Kirkwen's Class. First period. Yes, the class that would be my favorite. I sat down while my mom was at the other side of the room, looking around at the empty bulletin boards. Ms.Kirkwen passed out a blank sheet of paper, passing one gently to every student. Ms.Kirkwen had long brown hair, dark chocolate eyes, fair skin, and bangs that made it all come together. Ms.Kirkwen then instructed us to fold the paper in a hot dog half, and I struggled to fold it in a perfect half, being the perfectionist that I was.

Ms.Kirkwen then came to my desk, folded it for me, and said, "Don't stress, mija."

I don't know why those words stuck with me. Somehow I end  up thinking about it at random times. I would say before that it was because it was my first day ever at that school, but for some reason I remember that one time, and second period. But everything else, I can't recall...