ALL FOR ONE

Chapter One First Day

It has been a year now since I lost both of my parents to a tragic fire at my home. I can’t help feeling sad even though everyone keeps telling me am lucky to be alive. But how lucky could I be if all I loved was gone, how could I be lucky if I feel so alone. Sometimes I feel as if I took their lives to feed mine. Yeh I know it sounds farfetched but is it if you knew the story you would think I did.

It was the last day of school and summer had finally started and I couldn’t be happier. I went home to my mom and dad arguing like they always do, it started to get to me. I always wondered why they never loved each other anymore, was it me, was it because of my birth, did I come and take all the love from their hearts to the point that they had none left for each other. This is how I blamed myself for the conflict in their marriage.

         There was a huge party to start off the summer, I asked my parents to go as usual they said “no” simultaneously. But I got a text from one of my best friends saying “bro u got to come to this party it’s going to be epic, Rebecca is going to be there”. That’s when a decided I had to be there. Rebecca and I have known each other for years and for as long as I can remember I have loved her. So when I knew my parents were asleep I snuck out and I went to the party. I texted my friend Ramon “am on ma way, parents asleep”. Then I went over to Jermaine’s house he was keeping the party. When I got there Ramon texted me “where are you bro” I replied “am at the gate” he again reply “am inside the house”. I told him to meet me in the living room. We met up inside.

       It was a big party almost everybody that went to my school was there. Ramon started to go on about Rebecca “dude this party is your moment, you may never have another chance to see her again she is going away” I stopped him “wait what, going away where” he answered “yeh she is moving to this town with her parents, her dad got a job down there” I was shocked “really” . I immediately saw her walk up into the party, it almost seemed like she was the only person in the room; I only saw her dark brown hair, her rich blue eyes, and her radiant smile. I started to feel my pulse racing and my adrenalin rush inside my head.  I finally muscled up the courage to tell her how I really feel, in my head if I got shot down I would never see her again so what could I lose. So I did it I went over there to talk to her “hi Rebecca” .she replied “hi Fabian, wats up”. “Can I talk to you for a minute” I asked s. “sure” she replied we went outside and we started walking down the street away from the party and I started to tell her how I feel …

    “Rebecca there is something I always wanted to tell you” I said “and what is that” she replied, and I told her “you remember that time when we were kids and you came to my birthday party and you told me you had a gift for me but it doesn’t come in a box and I asked you what kind of a gift doesn’t come in a box. You only told me you will see”.  She replied “yeh I remember that day we were eight and I gave you a birthday kiss it was both of our firsts”. I placed my hands in hers and look into her eyes and answered back “what I wanted to tell you is that we’ve known each other for most of our lives and you know me more than anyone else and I know this might just be the last time I have to tell you this. Rebecca I love you I have been in love with you ever since the day I first met you I love you more than I love myself and I couldn’t live with myself if you left without knowing how I feel”.

       There was a pause in the conversation for a moment then she finally responded “I don’t know what to say, Fabian you know I love you just not in that way we been friends for years and I wouldn’t want to lose that, am sorry” then she walked away and as I lost sight of her when she went around the corner. I saw a fire truck come by me going around the corner  it seem as if It was going towards my house, I ran as fast as I could to my house, my worst fairs were realized. It was my house and when I saw the fire men going in I ran towards it. I tried to get inside, they stop me. When I saw them carrying out two people over their shoulders I knew it was my parents. They rushed them into the ambulances and took them off to the hospital. I got a ride from a police officer and I went to the hospital. I went inside; I went to the front desk and ask the lady what were the rooms for the two people that were carried from the fire on 55 Watson lain. She sent me to room 14 when I went to the room and saw the bed covers over their heads. The doctor came to me and asked “are you the son”. “Yes” I replied. “Am sorry son their lungs were filled with smoke and the burns were too extensive, they die before they got here” I didn’t say another word I only looked on there beds.