♛ Prologue ♚

Chapters will be labeled with or . is Eric and is Nick and Axel. I'm thinking of doing one chapter of Eric, then one of the twins, then Eric again and so on. Nick and Axel's story is more interesting/relevant to One Suicidal, so there'll probably be more of them than Eric.

And a quick refresher of the Heart family:
Sperm donor and his bitch: Jason & Rita
Twins: Nick & Axel
Twins: Trent & Quinn
Quadruplets: Anne, Grace, Jannette, Mei
Triplets: Mason, Jack, Charlie
Twins: Cody & Via
Only: Eric
Only: Lily
Only: Zero (not born yet)

Hope you enjoy.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Nick's POV
Age: 12

"I wish... I wish... That the sun will shine for you," I sing softly, gently running my fingers through my youngest, 6 year-old sister's knotted hair.

"I wish that the moon will protect you too," Axel sings.

"I wish I could take all your pain away, I wish that we lived a better way," my twin and I sing together. "I wish that we didn't have to fight, I wish that all of this dark had a light. I wish we could take you away from here, I wish you didn't have to shed another tear. I wish... I wish..."

I rest my head on Axel's shoulder, closing my eyes and making a few tears fall down my cheeks. The only sound in the cell is the soft, even breaths of my siblings all sleeping around us. The wall is cold against my back as I lean against it next to Axel.

"Why us?" I whisper softly, holding Axel's hand in my own. "What did we do to deserve this?"

Axel sighs quietly, gently squeezing my hand. "I don't know. But I do know that we need to get out of here."

"How?"

"Uh... Run away?"

"But how?" I ask again. "We're not fast enough, there's no way Lily will be able to keep up, and if we carry her it'll slow us down. They'll kill us if they catch us."

"Our shift has to be coming up soon," Axel whispers. "We shift, we run."

"What about them though?" I quietly, looking at our sleeping siblings.

Axel hesitates. "We'll come back for them."

"We can't leave them here!" I protest loudly.

I quickly clamp my hand over my mouth, hoping I don't wake any of our younger siblings. They need as much sleep as they can get. When none of them stir, I move my hand away and look at my twin.

"We have no choice if we want to get all of us out and live," Axel says, regret flashing in his eyes. "We escape, find another pack who'll help us, then return and get them out. Got it?"

I hesitate, then sigh. "Got it."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"You promise you'll come back?" Cody asks, tears falling down his face.

"We promise," I say.

"Pinky promise?" Jack asks, holding his pinky out.

"Pinky promise," Axel whispers, crossing his pinky with our younger brother's.

I look around the pack house living room again. No one. Everyone's out in the backyard for the pack barbeque.

Lily holds her arms out. "Hug?"

I smile and hold my arms out to her. She stumbles into my arms, her own wrapping around my neck. I hold her against me tightly, my fingers gently brushing through her hair. Lily hides her face in my neck, crying. The rest of my siblings join the hug, some hugging me while others latch onto Axel.