The Blind Date #RomanceBlindDate

There is one feeling or emotion that no person in the world can handle. No not pain, we all feel pain. Physical pain can easily be dealt with and fades over time. Emotional pain can be healed. Scars fade. 

The emotion I'm talking about is loneliness. It's incurable on your own, painful and untenable by yourself. You could be in a room full of people and still feel like the only person in the world. It doesn't matter how close you are to a person unless you are willing to share everything with them than ultimately you are alone.

Intimacy, physical and emotional intimacy is the ultimate cure for loneliness. You abandon yourself and someone else gets to either heal you or inflict scars you bear for the rest of your life.

The worst part about love is that you don't have to experience it to long or feel alone without it. Seeing people showing off their relationships, like my friend Sophie does makes me feel worse. Then again, Sophie is the kind of person that would be in a relationship. 23 years old, she is very girly and the kind of girl that anyone would go for. The is kind and considerate even to the point of inviting me out to her dates with her boyfriend. Best intentions do not mean it's right.

As much as I love complaining about other peoples relationships I also love observing them on the internet. Instagram to be precise. That's what I preoccupied myself with when I'm not at work and it's honestly sad. I'm a 23-year-old with no life to speak of.

I got up from my couch in the living room and went into the connected kitchen to grab a snack when I head my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I replied.

"Oooo you won't believe what I just did," Sophie squealed excitedly. 

I sighed. It probably had to do something with her boyfriend. She always updated me on their latest activities. "What?"

"Nevermind, just dress nice and get ready to go out," she ordered and I frowned. I didn't want to have her talk to me about her love life for hours when I could do something else. 

Like look at somebody else's love life, I sarcastically told myself and sighed.

"Ok, see you," I ended the phone call. You can't blame me for not wanting to go out with her. After Sophie broke up with her previous boyfriend she was convinced that she would never find love again. Two months later she came running to my place, telling me that she was in love. At first, I thought that Tom was just a rebound and I felt bad for him because he was actually a really good guy. I was in the wrong, it's been a year since then. 

I'm going to follow the footsteps of Ed Sheeran and go to a bar to find love. It can't be that hard and that's probably where we're going, so I might as well keep a look out for someone good looking to snog. In lieu of that decision, I wore a black dress that completely exposed my shoulders but covered my arms. It was shorter than what I was used to but to get attention I would have to step out of my comfort zone. I added some hoop earrings and wore a pair of short comfortable black heels with a square bottom.

I've always thought that black against my skin made me look deadly pale but today I would use it to charm. To add some effect I applied a bright red lipstick and kept my hair in a bun to not cover my shoulders.

I was waiting for Sophie to call me and tell me to get downstairs but instead, I got a knock on the door. In the peephole, I saw a man, possibly in his fifties standing at my door. He had on a suite, glasses and gloves, which made me extremely suspicious. The only men I knew in their fifties were my relatives so this was unexpected and scary. 

I dialed the police's number and firmly held on to my phone so that I would be able to press call as soon as something happened and opened the door.