{ Sonadow } Midnight Kisses ( ONE SHOT! )

HEYO!!!! This is just a one-shot for my friend that I love I just wanted to surprise mai buddeh since she's always here for me, so if you randomly get a one shot that means I am grateful for you! to have you as one of my MANY online friends!!!

ALRIGHT LETS START!

| ONE-SHOT |

Sonic's P.O.V.

I stared up at the night sky near the lake, it was fourth of July weekend and I?

I was spending it alone.

Yeah it's not as depressing as you think. I know it would seem as if it was all ' I'm-going-to-be-a-loner-and-not-want-the-company-of-other-jerks' but its not.

I just felt like spending some time alone. To sort out my feelings, let me fill you in on what type of feelings.

Love.

I don't know if I'm in love but, they say this feeling is love. I only get this feeling towards my rival. Yes I have many of rivals but this one is.....special.

Shadow the hedgehog is special.

I know love is said to be ridiculous and you can find it in the strangest of people, I just never expected that person to be Shadow.

The problem is if I do love him, my life isn't exactly a fairy tale, I guess I'm saying that knowing Shadow he would rather shoot himself then date me.

Yeah that sounds harsh but that's just what I know he'd do. I'm not going to get mushy about it though.

I grasped the champagne bottle from the small picnic basket I had packed. I decided I'd only need something small if I was going to be here by myself.

I drank it from the bottle since well again it was just me. I heard a snap coming from my left and I glanced over, I saw Shadow standing there eyes glaring unusually soft at me.

" Can you for once stop tossing me that look that says ' your-completely-worthless'!?" I snapped. He was shocked by my sudden out burst and I sighed.

" Sorry, I'm just not in the mood." I murmured. My palms suddenly felt sweaty so I wiped them on my jeans. It was the first time in years that I had worn these jeans so I felt weird in them.

" Well are you just going to stand there and stare at me or are you going to take a seat?" I looked at him and watched his cheeks tinge a bubble gum pink.

He nodded sitting next to me before asking, " why do you seem so sad?" I laughed. " I'm not sad." I glanced at my watch it was only 11:00 pm, the fireworks would be set off at 12:00.

I groaned I had to spend a hour with Shadow, just to see those stupid fireworks.

I know I liked him and all but, I don't want him here if he's going to make fun of me, which he hasn't done yet. He will soon, believe me.

I sighed only two minutes have gone by so I walked closer to the lake, I took my shoes off and slipped in, I didn't want to be next to him and now that Tails helped me with my fear of water it was easier.

I was more comfortable with the concept of water now. I noticed Shadow stood up removing his shoes, then his socks, and soon he was in the lake water with me.

I felt a hand on my waist and I yelped. "S-Shadow what are you doing," I stuttered out. Reasons why I was so nervous?

1) This was Shadow.

2) He could be a rapist.

3) He's my rival.

" You seem mad, maybe even sad," he murmured,in my ear, his breath tickling it in the process causing me to flinch as a reaction.

 "I-I'm no-" he cut me off in the middle of my sentence by turning me to face him. " Tell the truth," he murmured.

I sighed, "Shadow, I'm just...having some mixed emotions." I looked at him and he cocked his head to the side. " Mixed emotions."

Shadow raised a brow at me, so I explained that I felt that I liked  ""someone"" even if he didn't know it was him.

We talked for a long while but not a full hour, the fireworks would have started in a full hour.

"Sonic?" he asked. " Yea?," I muttered as I trudged through the waters to find a some grass and plants fire flies sparked the air as he gazed at it. There was a vine of flowers slowly wrapping themselves around the grass and the moon glowed through leaving a beautiful hazy light.

My quills glistened in the moon light and his eyes sparked with joy.

" I love you." I whipped around when those words exited his mouth. " What?" I had no reaction but my heart was pounding in my chest.

" I said I love you."

He pulled me by my waist and kissed me one arm under my quills and one hand holding mine as he intertwined our fingers . My eyes widened in shock but I, I kissed back closing my eyes as we kissed.

1

2

3

BOOM!

 CRACK!

        POP!

We broke the kiss to see the fire works had started so I leaned my head on his shoulder and we watched them together and I soon whispered only something I allowed Shadow to hear;

                " Thank you for my midnight kisses,"