Chapter one - New Kid

I'm considered the "bad girl" of the school. Everyone knows my name. No one crosses my path. I do have a few actual friends. There's mostly the ones who are my "friends" so I don't target them.  As the bell for third period rings,  I waltz down the hallway and out the backdoors. Fifth period was my maths class. No thanks.

As I exit the school building, my partner in crime, Khadijah pulls up. I get in her maroon trans-am as she slings my bag into the back seat. I turn on the radio while she drives, her black hair ruffled by the slightly down windows. It's funny how the "most popular girl" isn't even really human. No to mention I'm rather emo and no one should actually like me. I always wear the darker clothes and I don't like dresses. Heels are a definite no.

  Khadijah slapped my arm and I jumped a bit. "What is it?" She jams her thumb towards the windshield and I glance out of the front glass to see the mall. Alright? Cool. Khadijah groans and angles my face so I see them. Oh, right. We were at this specific mall because my favorite band was doing signings at the Hot Topic in there.

   I clamber gracefully out of her car, my bag in tow, and bolt to the forming line. There was currently about thirty people there. Sweet. I could get back in time for choir. I stand impatiently in line, whilst Khadijah made small talk with random clique members. I watched as she motioned with her smooth, dark hands. I wasn't one for talking unless someone else started the conversation. A girl in black skinny jeans and her shirt tucked partially in approached the line, her black heels click-clacking on the fake marble floors. Her curly brown hair was pretty but what caught my eye was the single blonde streak. Very pretty. I didn't get a very good image of her face but I'll just stick around to see her later.

  As the line moved, people got autographs, took pictures, and many screams were heard. It was a pretty big deal to meet your idol, but I won't be screaming. As I approach the table, I hold up my Pretty. Odd. vinyl, placing it gently on the table for each of them to sign. Ryan and Brendon are sitting next to each other and it takes my everything to not fangirl. I ask for pictures with them and nearly squeal in excitement when they agree. I pull my camera out and Brendon takes about ten pictures before giving it back. I grin at him and he grins back.

   Khadijah got herself Starbucks while waiting and she sat a few shops down, browsing Rue 21 while waiting on me. I hung back, looking at the pictures and waiting for the mystery girl to finish. There was a bit of commotion in the line and I looked up. People had started yelling because mystery girl was holding up the line. She wanted pictures but she left her phone in the car. I decided to walk over to Brendon and hand him my camera, "She's with me" I lie. She smiles gratefully at me and they take a few pictures. I just smile it off and Ryan takes the camera from Brendon and hands it back to me. I smile back at him and walk away with the girl in tow.

   She tugs my arm back and I stop walking. "H-hey uh, thank you for that, y-you didn't have to do that..." her voice is so pretty, slightly Russian, slightly Californian, kinda faint but definitely there. I shrug, "it was no big deal really. You go to school around here?" She nods, "just transferred from Tennessee to the one just down the road." "Oh cool, I go there, well, I'll give these pictures to you tomorrow then, see ya...." "Raines" "Pretty name, I'm Violet, bye Raines" we part ways with a wave and I find Khadijah and I'm headed back to school.