Awful Regret

When he left, he left without saying goodbye-or at least not in the manner he should have. If only I knew that he'll be gone soon, I would've told him what I feel for him.

As she was walking down the park in their village, the memories flooded in her mind. She was dumbfounded. She was over thinking things. For a second, she thought she might fall while walking so she stopped for a moment, and sat down on one of the benches in the park. She watched as people in the park go on with their lives. She observed the children playing on the playground, teenage girls jogging, boys playing ball and some couples strolling and taking photos. They all seemed to be in their own world, totally not aware of what's happening around them. But she can't blame them for she once been in that state.

As she continued to walk around their village, she looked around her and found out that things in their village hardly changed. From the small streets of their village where they used to play hide and seek, to the convenient stores where they eat and buy foods. She remembered how the two of them used to sit and chat and laugh together as they sit on the sidewalk to watch people and cars pass by. They are happy and they were talking about weird stuff and they're lost in their own world. Yes, Luke was one of the few people in her life that makes her happy the most.

It was a sunny day, a perfect weather to go out and play. In the streets, you can see children playing, biking or skateboarding. It was a great day because finally the rain has stopped, the storm is gone. But for Ash, it was one of the worst days of her life. She went out not to play but to escape from the storm in her family. She wanted to be alone, she wanted to take a break. She needs to run away even just for awhile. Village East is one of the most known village in Cainta, Rizal. It's where Ashleigh Marceline Aguila lived. They call her Ash. In Ash's village, there's this cafe shop who serves coffees, teas and milk teas and on it's second floor is a computer shop. Ash went out to save herself from crying and she went to this cafe shop called "Serenitea". But because she's just a child, 11 year old child, she just sat at one of the benches outside the shop which is made up of rocks. She sat there quietly and looked at the sky, she told herself "It's a beautiful day, but I think I'm wasting it. It's like I'm not invited to this so called 'beautiful day'". At a young age, she was able to see things in a matured way for she experienced a lot of pain growing up in a family like hers. As she was wandering, a ball hit her head that just made her day worst. "Ouch, what the!" "I'm sorry! But hey, I just saved you from being sad." a boy said as he gets the ball on the ground. "And how does that saved me from being sad, huh?" the boy grinned, "I saved you because I was actually looking at you since you came here. Your eyes are swollen, you're in deep thought that's why I thought of a way to distract you from overthinking and I hit you with this ball for you to wake up and realize that you're wasting your time, wandering when you could be playing and enjoying the weather. You know, you should be thankful, you're able to experience a nice day like this today, you should also be thankful that you're beautiful and you must not waste God's creation by frowning. And by the way, you're welcome. Again, have a nice day." and he smiled and walked away. She was speechless, she don't know what to feel. She was annoyed but she was also lost in words. She don't know whether to run after the boy and say thanks or hit him with anything as a revenge for hitting her. But in that moment she knew she wanted a friend, a real friend. A friend who'll wake her up when she's lost in her mind. A friend, who'll compliment her and make her somehow smile and a friend who'll say those words the boy said.

Seven years has passed and while she's walking around, to escape again. She passed by the cafe shop, she paused and looked at it and remembered how it used to look like, before it was very plain. The walls are colored dirty white with pink curtains and now it's a modern styled building with huge window glasses, velvet couches, pastel yellow walls inside, and light brown outside. It has wifi and television now. A lot has changed, yes. Now that she's 18, she can finally go inside the cafe unlike before when she's just 11. She entered the cafe and ordered herself a Wintermelon Milk Tea, she sat down on one of the couches. It's the couch where they usually sit and do their home works and talk for hours. As she sat down, she recalled the day she met this boy, formally.